RobotStudio event

Problem with Robotsudio 5.11

Options
I have just installed Robot Studio 5.11 and when I  open a station I get an error "Release directory C:PROGRAM FILESABBINDUSTRIALITMEDIAPOOLROBOTWARE_5.11.0160 is missing or corrupt, and cannot be used to open a VC."

I have checked the directory and ROBOTWARE_5.10.0149 is not there. However there is a file C:PROGRAM FILESABB INDUSTRIALITMEDIAPOOLROBOTWARE_5.11.0160

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 
It seems that the software is looking for the wrong file. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? 

Thanks
Geoff2008-11-08 05:32:46

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    I recommend that you reinstall RobotWare 5.11.0160.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Are you using a 64-bit operating system (XP 64 or Vista 64)?

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

RobotStudio can be seen as a client of the VC. The VC is running a RobotWare system. Both RobotWare and RobotStudio must be installed to run a VC.

Assuming RS asks for "RobotWare 5.10_0149", this means that you are trying to start a VC running a RobotWare system of this version. To run that you need to install that version. That particular version was distributed with RobotStudio 2008. RobotStudio is backwards compatible with respect to RobotWare which means that RobotStudio 5.11 can be used with previous versions of RobotWare (with some limitations, see Release Notes).

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi,

I have the same problem:
    "Release directory C:PROGRAM FILESABBINDUSTRIALITMEDIAPOOLROBOTWARE_5.11.0160 is missing or corrupt, and cannot be used to open a VC."

But the directory is there and all the files too...

I'mA?usingA?WinA?XP 64-bit.A?IsA?theA?aA?problemA?byA?usingA?64-bitA?withA?RW5.11.0160?