RobotStudio event

Connect RSO with RS5.11

Options

Hello <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In RS5.10 it was possible to connect RSO with the virtual controller from RS. This was very useful e.g. to show and train the EPS wizard.

In RS5.11 I can not connect RSO with the virtual controller.

Has anybody an idea how to do this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

The SafeMove Configurator and the EPS Wizard are only available in the Online mode for physical controllers. The reason is that EPS and SafeMove is not supported by the VC. There is no virtual safety controller. This means that the safety configuration that has been defined and downloaded cannot be enabled by the VC, and the safety configuration will have no effect on the VC.

But, if you are only interested in trying out the configuration tools you can add the commands "Safety configuration" and "Authenicate" to the Quick Access Toolbar. Then you will be able to create safety configuration files with a VC. But, first you need to create a safety user and log in with that account by using the "Authenicate" tools. Note that SafeMove configurator will appear in the Online section, even though it is connected to a VC.

Disclaimer: The EPS Wizard and the SafeMove configurator are primarly designed for use with a physical controller in the Online section. Use of these tools with a VC is not inline with the main, intended workflow and may cause unexpected behaviour.
    Henrik Berlin2008-11-13 12:02:31
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi Henrik,
    I tried to open safety configuration on VC though it failed. Because I made UAS setting and opened login wizard the user data I made disappeared. Have you ever used UAS setting and logged in by that user setting in RS by yourself?

Yu