RobotStudio event

TpsViewType.Invisible and RAB 5.11

Options
Hello,

I've a FlexPendant application declared TpsViewType.Invisible that is working correctly with RW 5.10, but not with RW 5.11

This application should be completely invisible to the end user, but in RW 5.11 my FP application generates a button in the ABB StartPanel Menu that should not be there.

Any suggestion? How can I remove it?

<Assembly: ABB.Robotics.Tps.Taf.TpsView("Hello world", "tpu-Operator32.gif", "tpu-Operator16.gif", "TpsViewHello_world.dll", "TpsViewHello_world.TpsViewHello_world", StartPanelLocation.Right, TpsViewType.Invisible, TpsViewStartupTypes.Automatic)> Public Class TpsViewHello_world

Thanks,

Gianluigi

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    This is an issue that is supposed to be addressed in 5.11.01, which is expected to be available in a couple of weeks. Note that it will require both RAB 5.11.01 to re-compile your app and RW 5.11.01 to be installed on the target system for the new attibute to work.
    Russell Drown
  • Hello, I'm afraid you have to live with it for robot systems running RW 5.11. Embarrassed 
    In 5.11.01, which will be available for download very soon,  you can use StartPanelLocation.None in the TpsView attribute to get the behavior you want:

<Assembly: ABB.Robotics.Tps.Taf.TpsView("Hello world", "tpu-Operator32.gif", "tpu-Operator16.gif", "TpsViewHello_world.dll", "TpsViewHello_world.TpsViewHello_world", StartPanelLocation.None, TpsViewType.Invisible, TpsViewStartupTypes.Automatic)>

Please notice, however, that this solution can of course only be used with robot systems running under RW 5.11.01 and later.

In RAB 5.12 (planned for April 2009) the project wizard will also be adapted to support this. (There will be a new project wizard, which will offer FP SDK users more flexibility regarding how their applications are presented on the FlexPendant).
    Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden