RobotStudio event

Flexpendant lockup when requesting write access

Options
Hi,

I am using RAB 5.11 with a 5.11 robot controller, and sometimes when I try to write a variable in manual mode the flexpendant locks up.

What happens is that I request write access, I get the prompt on the pendant to grant it, I press grant, and then the prompt box on the pendant turns gray and pendant is locked up. The controller is still alive and running, and I can fix the problem by unplugging the pendant and plugging it back in again.

I am not doing anything unusual, I just request mastership, write the variable, and then dispose mastership. I didn't see this happen on 5.10.

Has anybody else seen this happen or have any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Klaus
    Options
    Hi bryce
    I have same problem and can not find out whats wrong. On my controller it's only sometimes it happens. I have found out that if i set the robot in auto without starting motor and program it do not happens.

I know that it's not a solution but a way to get by the problem.

Best regards Klaus
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Hi,

We have found out that this is a bug, which is exposed when a client releases master and immediately requests master again. It is how we create and remove the dialog on the FlexPendant that is the problem. (There is no problem in auto, as a remote request for master in auto does not bring up the dialog on the FP). We will not be able to fix this for 5.12. What you can do to avoid it, is to request master, make sure you do everything you need to do and then release master. In other words, do not request master again immediately after having released it.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Klaus
    Options
    Hi Ingela.

Good work.   Keep up. Clap

I'm sitting in Germany rigth now with our new HMI made with RAB 5.10 and it works Big time.

Had a Little problem with then scantime of my Addhandler but don't expect faster update than 100 ms. (Its no PLC ) LOL

I'm writing 50 recipe data in the robot amd monitor 50 IO and no problems at all.

Best regards and happy new to all in RD

Klaus

Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk