RobotStudio event

Problem when installing RS 5.10

Options

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade some of our computers here at MDH from RS 5.08 to RS 5.10 (I would prefer 5.11 but as we have network licenses that doesn't seems like an option at the moment.)

Anyway, I have a problem when installing:

I start by removing the old 5.08 installation. Download RS 5.10 CD image, run setup, install Robotware, install RSO and last install the RS 5.10 (complete installation).

Robotware and RSO installations work smoothly but the RS-installation stops early in the installation phase with the message: "Error 2753. The File 'tscc.exe' is not marked for installation."

tscc.exe seems like some kind of screen capture codec so I tried to install the included media codecs but that didn't help - I got the same error message. Do someone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks!
Erik HellstrA?m2008-12-08 14:18:19

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

As far as I know, the TSCC.exe is not included neither in the RS 5.08 installation nor in the RS 5.10 installation. But my guess is that the file represents the "TechSmith Screen Capture Codec" that somehow interferes with the RS installation. Please try and uninstall any TechSmith components present on the computer and check if that resolves the problem.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB