RobotStudio event

I can't connect IRC5 by RS online . Pls help me!

Options

Dear Colleague.

I can't connect IRC5 by RSO. I used to connect IRC5 by RSO a last week but, now that can't.

pls whoever tell me the solution.

My Action

1. I try to connect  S4C+. this is possible(network is linked, FTP and Rob install Available).  So  I thik that S4C+ use fix ip method.

and IRC5 is DHCP. and I change a Network Setting from DHCP to fix ip in IRC5 .

2. Just then the Network Connection is linked. also My notebook is connected to IRC5 by FTP program. but that can't connect IRC5 by RSO. and this error is indicated

sure, I know that  this error is indicated when network is unplugged.

But, My network status is linked and connected to IRC5 by FTP. I can't connect IRC5 by Only  RSO.

3. My company colleagues well used to connect to IRC5 by RSO. but only i don't.

Question

1. when IRC5' network setting is Fix ip, How i connect to IRC5 by RSO

2. If that is originally impossible , why my notebook isn't connected to IRC5 using DHCP method.

--> when my network setting is DHCP, my notebook is well connected to my office and home lan service.

but, only can't connect to IRC5 using DHCP.

If you experienced similar problems, tell me about solution or recommendation

Comments

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

- Are you using RSO 5.10 or RS 5.11?

- Are you clicking directly through "One Click Controller", or selecting the controller from the available controller in the network?

BR/Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Hi,

Are you in the same range ex. 192.168.125.XXX
  • I use RSO 5.11.  and when I push the once click controller, above error is indicated. also a available cotroller in the network is not appeard. so i don't choice. DHCP or FIX ip method is both same situation. but Fix ip is available to connect to IRC5 with FTP, sure Network is linked.  when i use fix ip, I modify a lan setting(notebook lan setting).

IP      192.168.1.2
    SUBNET  255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY 192.168.1.1

and IRC5 robot computer setting

IP      192.168.1.3
    SUBNET  255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY 192.168.1.1

• hi patrait,

can you connect (ping) to the controller? i don't  know if you have same problem like me before or not, but i also ever meet this situation.
    i also set my ip to 192.168.1.2, but it doesn't success. when i change my notebook's ip to
    192.168.125.2 and gateway 192.168.125.1, it success.

good luck! Smile

carmila2008-12-11 07:08:25
    indah carmila
  • RussD
    Options
    One click connect only works on the service port. If you aren't connected via the service port, you must Add COntroller.
    Russell Drown
  • Hello,
    I got all the same trouble in Japan. I once could connect RSO. But suddenly it started not to work. I can connect FTP program to IRC5. So it's surely connected. Only RSO can't connect. We don' know why but it can't find a connected port. In Japan it's not only me. Some colleagues have the same trouble. I tried RSO 5.10 and 5.11. I have checked McAfee and scan software already.

Yu
  • Hi evry body, I got the same problem, to resolve I deactivate (unistall) the IPV6 protocol on my win xp computer, and deactivate the windows firewall, and works again.

Regards

Claude.

• But I'm afraid we can't modify IPV or firewall cause it's set up by company policy. We can't or shouldn't change that. We need another solution, I think.

Yu
  • hi, every-body
    thank you for your concern.

Today I solve the my problem by your replys.

First, i can connect to IRC5 by Fix ip method.

My setting
    IP      192.168.133.2
    SUBNET  255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY 192.168.133.1

IRC5 robot computer setting

IP      192.168.133.1
    SUBNET  255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY 192.168.1

In my opinion, It is not necessary that The number is the same as my setting. The point is IRC5's ip setting is equal to Gateway. and then notebook' ip setting is not same.

and then Start the RSO. and Click the Add Controller. Finally RSO is well working by Fix ip method. In additionally, the service port is not availiable. Only Lan port is available.

If you don't use the RSO like me ,  I would recommand my setting.

• Hello everybody,
    Unfortunately the method above doesn't work for me.

I'd appreciate if anybody can suggest other way.

BR

Yu