RobotStudio event

error problem

Options
hi all,

i create program for filling robot. it needs communication between ABB and PLC. so far, the program is fine, but now i get an error, ie: err_pathdist. this error becomes when i press stop button , the machine will stop ,but when i press start , the machine will start again. i use RW 5.10, option: conveyor tracking.
the error occurred when the cursor is in startmove position.here is the listing program:

stopmove;
waitDI start,1;
startmove;

i try to use error handler that used RETRY, but i found that RETRY is only valid 4 times.
i never used error handler before, i only follow the instruction in rapid help, but it doesn't successful.

can anybody help me?

thank you Smile

indah carmila

Comments

• Hi

Try remove stopmove; and startmove; in this case the robot stop at WaitDi
  • hi,

thank you for your reply.
    I am  sorry but i don't catch your post .
    i need to stop robot movement, so i use stopmove. if i can replace the stopmove with something syntax that can stop the robot, i will try it. have you any recommendation syntax (rapid syntax) for me?

thank you very much

indah carmila
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Have you tried using a move instruction with a fine point prior to the WaitDI? If you use a "zone"-point, then the program pointer will run ahead and execute forthcoming instructions before the motion of the move instruction is completed, but if you use fine point then program execution of subsequent instructions will not proceed until the motion of the fine-point has been completed. This may reduce the need of the StopMove.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB

• hi henrik,

thank you for your reply. this is a new thing that i never known before...!! thank you,, now, it doesn't show errors anymore. thank you henrik..!!
    LOL yippiiee... my project is almost finish..

carmila2008-12-12 10:15:37
    indah carmila
  • Hi

I don,t speak English very well

i use WaitTime InPos,0 same as stoppoint

In your code

WaitTime InPos,0

waitDI start,1;
  • hi,

thanks for your reply.
    don' t worry, my English isn't good too Tongue

I will try your suggestion.