RobotStudio event

RAB basics problemm: FP SDK, SignalBindingSource

Options
Hello All.

I have a problemm which confuses me a lot. I need to use SignalBindingSource in basic FP SDK application. I do everything just like shown in the traning video but binding does not work. Need asistance.

Application consists of two buttons: one sets the signal and one resets it. There is a tpsLabel in order to automaticly refresh state of the signal which is manipulated. States of signal are changed but no data binding has place - tpsLabel does not change its state.

Application was tested in RS 5.11 and 5.11.01 also in real FlexPendant (RW 5.11). I use Visual Studio 2008 Pro (90-day Trial) and RAB 5.11.01 (tested also in 5.11). Systems had PC Int. and FP Int..

More I found: the data is correctly asinged to tps label:
   signalBindingSource1.Signals[0].Name - returns correct value (the name of the singnal).

It seems there is a problem with "refreshing" of tpsLabel1.Title. Maybe with bad compile process, wrong/incomplete resources or VS2008 itself.

If any more info needed - just write what do you need - I'll provide it.

Thanks,
Wojtek_PL

Wojciech Wlodarski
PLABB

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    Try going into the advanced properties of your databindings and change the DataSourceUpdateMode to OnPropertyChanged from OnValidation and retry it.
    Russell Drown
  • I tried. It doesn't work. The problemm is that none value is assinged to the tpsLabel. A proper signal is added to the bindingObject but data is not "forwarded" to a tpsLabel.

Wojciech Wlodarski
    PLABB
  • RussD
    Options

If you are using the databindingsource through the designer it will only bind one UI property to the first item in the binding source, even though you can add multiple signal items. Try adding a second binding source for the second label.

The bindingsources work better with items that have a collection, like the Data Grid. However, if you study how the code is generated you can use the binding source programmatically and write code to handle the ListChanged or ItemChanged events of the binding source to update the UI.

Also, try using the text property not the title property of tpslabel.
    RussD2008-12-30 23:35:13
    Russell Drown
  • Thanks for help.

The problem was with a tpsLabel itself - it was configured properly but it didn't work. DataGrid works fine, I'm glad Clap

I don't know if it's a software whole in Visual Studio 2008 or in FP SDK. Please write if anyone has similar problem so we can locate the fault.

Thanks again.

Wojciech Wlodarski
    PLABB
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

which property of the tpslabel where you using: Title or Text?

BR/Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • I used tpsLabel.Text property - there was a mistake in my first post.
    Wojciech Wlodarski
    PLABB
  • I have done the exact same thing and I get the same problem.  I can see the signal name using
    lblName.Text = signalBindingSource1.Signals[0].Name;

but it does not update on the labels that are bound to the source.

I am using VS2008 with the latest RW.

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

Could you send me a simple test code and i will try to find out why it is not working.

The reason I am asking you for the sample code is to avoid generating one that might work :) ..

Saludos --- Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Carlos,

Here is a simple application.  It has a data grid that is bound to a signalbindingsource with two signals defined, DI_001 and DI_002.  The grid updates great but the label on the form does not.

Shane

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Shane,

The updated of signal inside RW 5.11 & 5.11.01 seems not to work. I could have a close look next week.

One thing I noticed is that it works in the next release, but I could confitm this until I test the actual release.

Have you triend rapid data or other type of signals?

Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Does anyone have an example of databinding for VS 2005 and RW5.10?  I've started to play with databinding and not getting very far with the manual.

Thanks,

Rick
    Rick Lemberg
  • Dezino
    Options
    Hi'

I still believe that its very important to get the signal/RapidDataBindingSource working on the TpsLabel. Please help on how this can be configured so that it works properly.

I am discoring the same problems descoverd above concerning the TpsLabel.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measures!
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Dezino,

Which RW version are you using?

BR/Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Hi Dezino,
      Do have you the signalbinding working on for the datagrid? I've been playing more with the label with no luck.  What versions of software are you running?

Laterz,

Rick
    Rick Lemberg
  • Dezino
    Options

Hi

I am using the following software versions:

-RW5.11_0160

-RobotStudio 5.11

-VisualStudio2008

And Rick have both Signal/DataBinding working on a dataGrid, but no luck with the TpsLabel.

• Hello Dezino,
      I have got the tpsLabel working.  Make sue that you go to the advance tab for the label and setup the databinding.  I've attached my application so you can an example.  I'm using RW5.10.2 and Visual Studio 2005.

Thanks,
    Rick Lemberg
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

The SignalBinding wokrs OK, but he RapidBindingSource still have problems for getting the value of the RAPID variable.

The sample of SlickRick shows how to setup the binding of signals perfectly.

BR.Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Dezino
    Options

This is not working on Visual Studio2008 with RobotStudio5.11 and RobotWare5.11_0160

Any more suggestions might be helpful.

Thanks'

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    A workaround is to fetch the data you are interested on, and connect to the ValueChanged event for each of them. This is what the Binding mechanism do in principle.

In order to ahve a similiar performance, you will need to connect or disconnect the event mechanisms whenever your user interface is activate or not.

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • 51Magnum
    Options
    Anybody know if this is fixed in 5.12????