RobotStudio event

tool and payload identification

Options
HI all,

Happy new year Big smile!! in this new year, i want to ask some questions:

I have already programmed 2 robots, IRB 2400 and 6620. But there is some problem, whenever i re-program ( add some offset, add new procedure, etc), there are some abnormally movement in my tool ( a little bit tilt up (axis 5), and there is a little movement in axis 4 and axis 6).

I've already ask these cases to ABB person (in my country, ABB Malaysia, and singapore) they said that i make a mistake in defining the tool data (centre of gravity, weight, inertia, etc).

In my training last year (july 2008, with ABB MAlaysia), he said that the step i should do is only enter the position of COG from software (i use Solid Work), and enter the mass. only that. no need to fill the inertia, etc.

The other ABB person said that i can run routine called load identify to identify tool and payload (until today i use load0). I can't use these routines, because my tool's design is not supported, so i'm not using these ways.

Actually, i really want to know, if i want to program a controller, should i use load identify to define my tool and my load? or i only need to fill the COG (centre of gravity) and mass of my tool from software? how about the load?

please help. Thank you

BR,

indah carmila

Comments

• Rookie
    Options
    Hi Carmille,

It is always the right procedure to use the load identify, and a tool. The weight of the tool is very important. The performance of the robot also relies of the weight of the tool, and ( depending on the design of the tool ) where the COG is. When you define a tool with the standard ABB procedure, afterwards you can run the identify load procedure. Make sure that all the cabling is attached before running the load id, as the cabling might influence the weight and so aon. Also LoadID will fill in all the inertia's. In this way you are pretty sure that your tool is correcly defined and some of the problems that you describe will disappear. For defining the tool see and also loadID see the manuals of the robot.
  • Dear Rookie,

Thanks for your reply.
    in your reply, you said:

It is always the right procedure to use the load identify, and a tool.
    The weight of the tool is very important. The performance of the robot
    also relies of the weight of the tool, and ( depending on the design of
    the tool ) where the COG is. When you define a tool with the standard
    ABB procedure
    , afterwards you can run the identify load procedure. Make
    sure that all the cabling is attached before running the load id, as
    the cabling might influence the weight and so on. Also LoadID will
    fill in all the inertia's. In this way you are pretty sure that your
    tool is correcly defined and some of the problems that you describe
    will disappear. For defining the tool see and also loadID see the
    manuals of the robot.

How to define the correct tool using the standard ABB procedure? Is it only define in jogging menu, create new tool , fill the mass, and run the routine for load identify. is it enough? I try it in simulation mode using RS 5.10, and it doesn't successful. there is an error that said i use wrong (error) payload. WHat should i do?
    is the load identify routine only can run in real robot and can't run in simulation mode?

Thank you Smile

BR,

indah carmila
  • AlexK
    Options
    Need to do it on the real robot Smile
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg
  • hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.Smile

BR,

indah carmila
  • Rookie
    Options

Carmilla,

Also check the ABB manual. The procedure to teach your tool on the robot is not difficult, but if you do this for the first time, it will take some time to understand what's going on. Make sure to define the Z-direction of the tool in the same direction as tool0.
  • HI Rookie,

Thank you for your reply. I will try it.

BR,

indah carmila