RobotStudio event

how to monitor signals from add in

Options
Dear all,
I have an issue about signal inside the add in ..

I wrote this code

station.VirtualSignals.VirtualSignalChanged +=
new VirtualSignalChangedEventHandler
            (delegate(object obj,   VirtualSignalChangedEventArgs e)
            {
                Logger.AddMessage(new LogMessage(e.Signal)); 
            });

why ain't this working .. (though i change the signal through the iosimulator ) 

btw . . if  I invoke this code

station.VirtualSignals["userdo1"]

inside the addin .. i always get these following errors .

please note that I've added the signals in my vc ..

Base exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, mscorlib

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
   at ABB.Internal.RobotStudio.API.APIHelper.ThrowApiExceptionIfBadHr(Int32 hr)
   at ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Stations.VirtualSignalCollection.get_Item(String name)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.RemotePropertyInfoAdapter.System.AddIn.Contract.Automation.IRemotePropertyInfoContract.GetValue(IRemoteObjectContract target, BindingFlags bindingFlags, IRemoteArgumentArrayContract index, Int32 lcid)

Server stack trace:
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.RemoteMethodInfoAdapter.System.AddIn.Contract.Automation.IRemoteMethodInfoContract.Invoke(IRemoteObjectContract target, BindingFlags bindingFlags, IRemoteArgumentArrayContract arguments, Int32 lcid)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at System.AddIn.Contract.Automation.IRemoteMethodInfoContract.Invoke(IRemoteObjectContract target, BindingFlags bindingFlags, IRemoteArgumentArrayContract parameters, Int32 localeId)
   at ABBInternal.VstaServices.VstaMacro.Execute()

johannes

Comments

• Hi Johannes,

Please note that "station signals" (Station.VirtualSignals) are not the same thing as I/O signals in a VC. So you cannot directly subscribe to a VC signal using VirtualSignalChanged.
    What you should do is to connect the VC signal to a station signal using the event manager, and subscribe to that station signal instead.

(Also note that you can subscribe to VC signals using the RAB, but that might not work with VSTA.)

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics