RobotStudio event

profibus dp

Options

hi...!

I have a new research project. I have to use profibus dp instead of commonly digital i/o to reduce the use of relay (because our PLC only can transfer NPN signal, and ABB only can transfer PNP signal, so we add some relays to convert the signal).

But, i don't have any knowledge about profibus: how to use, how it can connect to ABB, and so on. A?I also learn to make a virtual system that use profibus, but when i came to control panel- configuration-unit, i found so many kinds of unit. I don't know which one to useConfused.A?So, if you have some experience using it, please share with me.

So many thanks.

BR,

Carmila

indah carmila

Comments

• Rookie
    Options

Hi carmilla,

Normally for connecting to a plc you can use the profibus slave adapter DSQC667. This is a option. In the EIO you can configure this board, just like normal IO. You have to give the adapter a unique adress, the plc ( or whatever ) can find it then on the profibus.  The profibus of ABB is quite simple to work with.  If you go through the manuals of ABB at Fieldbus options, you find some more specific information.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi,

if you can use device net, it is the native communication with ABB

I tried and it is working properly with PLC

both the PLC setting, it is more hard to find.

In virtual, the IO is only simulated (to my knowledge)
  • hi,

Thank you for your replies, I will read the manuals. and learn more about it.A?

Thanks, friends!

BR,

indah carmila