RobotStudio event

problem

Options

dear all,

I have a problem. I've already download and install RAB 5.11. When I open my projects that using RAB 5.10 in c# language, the design view become error. There is an error that said:

The type 'microsoft.compactframework.design.unsafeusercontrol'has no property named 'fontName'

The type 'microsoft.compactframework.design.unsafeusercontrol'has no property named 'items'

The type 'microsoft.compactframework.design.unsafeusercontrol'has no property named 'horizontal allign'

The type 'microsoft.compactframework.design.unsafeusercontrol'has no property named 'verticall allign'

Does domebody know what happened with my projects?

Thank so much

BR,

indah carmila

Comments

• Hello,

Have you checked that the FlexPendant UI controls of the VS Designer are the same version as the assemblies that your application references? (see enclosed image)

Ingela2009-02-06 11:03:22
    Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • Dear Ingela,

Thanks for your reply.A?

I see your enclosed image yesterday, but i don't know how to change it in my projects. actually, i'm not make the project alone. A friend helps me to write the c# code.(I don't understand the c# language). So, can you please tell me the step that I have to do ? (sorry, I'm just learning to use visual studio, so I need more time to understand it Big smile)

NB:Another computer that installed by VS 2005, can open this project.

indah carmila
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Carmila,

- Are you trying to modify an application or creating a new one?

There is another tool that helps you define user interfaces inside the Flex Pendant that does not require previous .NET (C# or VB.NET) experience. This tool is much more limited than RAB, but it could address your needs. Currently, this application is a CTP (Community Technology Preview),  so it is not a final product.

Again, it all depends in what you are trying to achive.

BR/Carlos

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Dear CArlos,

Thanks for your reply. I want to open my previous project to modify and learn the C# code (because i want to learn code that have been created by my friend).

What is the application that mentioned in your post above? is it Screen maker ?or another software?A?

Thank you.Smile

BR,

indah carmila
  • Hello,

See User's Guide chapter Using the FlexPendant SDK - Setting up a new project -Setting up design support for FlexPendant controls for information about how to add the FlexPendant controls to the VS toolbox.
    Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Carmila,

The other application is called ScreenMaker. This is useful when you will start a new application without .NET knowledge. If you want modify and learn c#, I will follow the instructions from Ingela :) ...

BR/Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Dear Ingela and carlos,

Thank you for your replies. Now, I know the problem. Ingela, you're right. My previous project use RAB5.10, and now, i'm using RAB 5.11. I also can't simulate it in virtual flex pendant because i use rw5.11. maybe i need to use screen maker in my projects.
    thanks for your helps, friends..

BR,

indah carmila