RobotStudio event

Singular Value Decomposition

Options
Hi, I am doing a coordinate setup using the ABB Flexpicker and I am using RAPID as the programming language.I need to do a Singular Value Decomposition and this has to be implemented in RAPID.In rapid manual there is no such information on Matrices.Are there any other methods through which I can do this?? I have the codes for Singular Value decomposition in C#.Is there any possibility of using this in RAPID?
Any information regarding this is highly helpful to me.

BR
Ravi

Comments

• Thomas J
    Options
    Is your intent to convert the codes for Singular Value decomposition in C# to RAPID?

Please expalin further your intent for the coordinate set-up - what is the final result?
    In RAPID - there are POSE functions for PoseMult and PoseInv you can use to compute frames (transform,rotation) in pose [[transform],[rotation]] with transform in euler XYZ and rotation represented by normalized Quaternians.

If you really really want to calculate yourself the transform matrix way then the only way that I know of is to handle in RAPID is arrays of nums organized accordingly.

Send me a PM note with your C# code if you care to share - I have in the past made some RAPID that did some simple matrix calcs and seen others handle it in different ways (jacobian, etc) for force vectors etc.

Thomas H. Johnston
    PACs Application Engineer
  • ravi
    Options
    Hi,
         1.I would be happy if I could convert the code in c# to RAPID.
        2.Coming to the problem,I am setting up a World Coordinate System(WCS).This has to be aligned with the Robot x and y axes.In order to compute any error in setting up the WCS,i am using the Flexpicker .I would move the Flexpicker to 3 different point in WCS.Then record the position of the TCP wrt to Robot.Now I  have a transformation Matrix
    R*T=W(Robot coordinate systesm multiplied by Transformation Matrix gives the World coordinate systems)
    The transformation matrix have the orientation of the axes in the two coordinate systems and the offset. I am using SVD (Least Square approach)to calculate T.This gives me the Orientation and offset(tx and ty axes).If this orientation is within the tolerance level,then my coordinate setup is good.Else I need to setup it again by changing the orientation of the axes.
    If you have a problme in understanding the above description please let me know.
    I will send you the c# code tommorrow(Its on my personal PC)
    BR
    Ravi