RobotStudio event

Record Application

Options

I seem to have a problem with the record application and record graphics.  I get an error when executed with the following message. Can anyone help?

RobotStudio .NET exception: Unknown Error: Record application
============================================
Base exception: OutOfMemoryException
Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at ABB.Internal.RobotStudio.API.APIHelper.ThrowApiExceptionIfBadHr(Int32 hr, IErrorInfo* ei)
   at ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.ScreenRecorder.Start(String filename, IntPtr hWnd)
   at ABBInternal.GeneralCommands.ScreenRecorderGUI.appStart_ExecuteCommand(Object sender, ExecuteCommandEventArgs e)
   at ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Environment.CommandBarButton.RaiseExecuteCommand()

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    The error message says that you not have enough of disc space to store the recording. Could that be true? It can also be that you are running out of ram memory, or that your video driver is out of date.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • I don't think the message is correct because I have a new Dell T5400 computer with plenty of memory. I did notice something else on two other computers that I have installed Robot Studio on. And that is the record movie tool bar is not active at all. Is there possibly something missing in the install? My computer was installed from the first release of 5.11 with the update and the other two computers were installed with the updated 5.11 only. I remember in the past versions you had to install the add in seperate. Is that the case with 5.11?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Anders S
    Options
    If the record tool bar not is active, you have to install the Microsoft codec  that is used in RS. If you open RobotStudio Options - Screen Recorder, you will have a web link to the codec installation, if itA's not already installed on your PC. You donA't need to install any add-in separate for this.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • I don't see any link to the codec installation in RobotStudio Options - Screen Recorder

• Anders S
    Options
    Then you have the codec installed already. Have you checked if you have the latest video driver installed?
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • I installed Robot Studio 5.11_02 and the problem is resolved. There must be an unknow issue with the previous versions?
  • I do have another question for you and I was wondering if the Robot can mount more that one NFS connection to a remote server?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />