RobotStudio event

Connecting to IRC5 OPC EA Server

Options
Hi,

For a scada project i need to  get error&event messages of robot to a scada software. I am planning to use Irc5 opc server to get connect to robot and this opc server has an EA server to get error messages. I am using Movicon(also Phoneix Contact) Scada to get error message from ABB IRC5 OPC Ea server.

My problem is i can't see or handle error&event(comes from ABB OPC EA server)  messages at scada side like we handle datas that coming from ABB IRC5 OPC DA server and i can't keep a lof file of robot elogs that comes to scada. I can only monitor it.

So i need your help to learn how to use this ABB IRC5 OPC EA server more efectively and record all elogs to a scada based DB.

Thanks in advance.
HnmN

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    The IRC5 OPC A&E server is a one-way message broadcaster, there is no way for you to interact with it or acknowledge messages. If you need to interact with the robot, you need to do it via your cell controll (PLC or PC) through I/O or by the robot's programming interface (see Robot Application Builder). If you simply want to log robot A&E messages, you need to use a different commercial OPC A&E client that offers this capability or create your own.
    Russell Drown
  • Thank u for your answer.
    Actually i only  want to see and record logs to a db in scada side that is all. So can u advise me an opc server that is more talented than Abbs?
    HnmN
  • RussD
    Options

Again, the OPC server is not the problem. It is an OPC Foundation-Compliant Alarm and Event Server.

You need to purchase or create an OPC A & E client application that implements the functionality that you need, i.e. logging messages to a database. That is not the job of an OPC server, it is a function that an OPC Client must perform.

Russell Drown
  • I am not an expert on creating opc client aplications so the best solution for me  seems to be finding a good OPC A&E client software. Thanks for ur help.
    HnmN