RobotStudio event

Multitasking

Options
Hello,

Robotware 5.11.02

I have a problem with starting/stopping multitask's. I have 6 multitask's, all Semistatic. One task for example is MT_Tool, I can control all functions of the tool. If I want to change something in this multitask I want to do it in the following step's:

1. Robot is in Auto mode.

2. Stop the Maintask with robotstudio. (Normal mode)

3. Toggle a virtual output, sdoStopMT_Tool. (In the multitask this set a "Stop" instruction followed by a "Exit" instruction. The multitask is now stopped.

4. Load the new module in the multitask.

5. Start the Maintask from Main.

6. All multitask's are started again.

This worked until robotware 5.10

Now I installed 5.11 and the following error occured. Angry

I can not execute step 5 because I get the message "Task is missing!". If I switch the controller to "Auto Mode", Acknowledge the Message on the screen, the task is started. If the robot was already in "Auto Mode" the task can only be started by preform a "Warm Start"!

The robot has to go to a customer were the controller is in the robotcell, I is not an option to switch the robot to "Manual mode" before load a new module in the task.

Is there a solution for my problem? Does anybody has the same problem?

Greetings,

Comments

• Hi!

Is it an option to make main load another module every cycle?
    Place everything in that module.
    Then you can edit the module anytime you like (offline) and use filetransfer.
    The changes will load next cycle...

/Eiven.

Eiven
    Win 7-64
    RS 5.15RC1
    Q9950 16gb
  • kegley182
    Options
    ..assuming that the reason for loading a new module in a semistatic task is for s/w update reasons and not part of the everyday process;  I use "automatic loading of modules".....  then a Coldstart will update all system modules..   If updating the module is not the exception,  but rather the rule, then this method wouldn't work for you either

I'm curious how you solve this, please post your end solution, when you have one...

thanks.
    Mike Kegley
  • Jaaahhh
    Options

Hello,

During installation I can happen quit a lot that I have to modify task's. I understand what you mean, but I am sure in previous version's 5.9/5.10 it was not a problem. I have to live with it to give to robot a "Warmstart" instead of a just start the Main program.

If I find another way I will inform it.

Best Regards,

• RussD
    Options
    The reason that you can't restart is that your background task doesn't have a program pointer anymore. You need to manually move its PP to Main. Maybe they have changed system behavior by adding the capability to start/stop semi-static tasks. See this topic for how to work with semi-static tasks. This way you can work with them online and don't have to load and unload modules.
    Russell Drown