RobotStudio event

Closing gripper and attaching a part

Options
Hello everybody,

i just added an selfmade gripper to my project. It is a two finger gripper that should grip a little block and move it to another position where it should release the block.

I have already programmed events to open the gripper and to close ist. in the i/o simulator i can use the events to open and close the gripper too, but it is only a station signal.

As I want the gripper two take the block in my simulation, I have to programm an instruction to close the gripper and to attach the block I think. Can anyone help me to find out how to use my self made gripper in robotstudio simulation?

As is just started to work on the tool please tell me step by step how to get my gripper to move and to grip in my simulation.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Hello,
    Instead of your station signals you have to use signals defined in your robot system (virtual controller). In the robot program you use SetDO instructions etc. to open and close the gripper. I have attached an EIO.cfg file with some I/Os defined which you can load to your system and use in your simulation.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics