RobotStudio event

Open/Write to IP Address...Application Protocol

Options
Trying to setup system parameters such that I can write job data to a main computer. Per the manual, in the Application Protocol screen, when FTP is selected, several parameters should become available, like the IP address, local path, server path, username and password.

I have yet to see these parameters. I have also tried from ConfigEdit but I get the same results.

Controller is S4C+

ThanksOuch

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    You need to have the option Ethernet Services/FTP to be able to mount an FTP server. If you don't have this option you can't set it up. IF you have the option installed, you need to add a new instance of FTP, once you have added one then you can configure it.
    Russell Drown
  • Ok...I have been able to log in and upload and download programs from a laptop. The controller has its own IP address. I must have missed something on adding new instances. How to add?

Thanks for the quick reply.
  • RussD
    Options
    The robot (S4C+ and higher) has a built-in FTP server, which you can access either via the service port, or over the LAN port (I think you need the option FactoryWare Interface for this). There is no configuration required to do this, other than setting up the IP address in the boot application (what you see when you X-Start the robot).

The settings you were asking about above are for using the robot as an FTP client, i.e. connecting to a remote (on a PC) FTP server. When you do this, the FTP mount is treated as though it is another storage device. This is what requires the Ethernet Services/FTP option.

Under Application Protocol, you have to press New or Add, I don't remember which, which will let you pick the type of Application Protocol instance, e.g. RAP,NFS, or FTP, that you wish to add. IF you don't have the right controller option configuraiton, there won't be anything there to pick from.
    Russell Drown
  • Which is exactly the case. I just checked the controller>System Parameters>Communication>Application Protocol>Type... there are "no parameters to show". Yet, in ConfigEdit there are options. But I suspect that, even though I could create this protocol offline and upload it, the controller would not recognize it.

How do I set the controller option configuration to include the options?

Thanks.
  • RussD
    Options
    That is defined by the keystring that is used to create your system. If you have the keystring (*.kxt) file that came with your robot you can open it in a text editor and you should be able to read what options are available. I think the keystring itself is stored someplace on the flash disk on the S4C+, but its been too long and I don't remember where, maybe someone else can answer that? If you can find it teh keystirng itself you can use it to try to build a system with RobInstall and you should be able to see all options that are available. If you need to have an option added, you must contact your local ABB support organization and they can upgrade the key for a fee.
    Russell Drown