RobotStudio event

Event Table ~ IO events

Options

Robot Studio 2.1, Windows XP

I am trying to set up an event table with IO events and IO actions to simulate feedback signals.

For example:

|         EVENT            |         ACTION

Activation | Type | Object | Params   | Type | Object | Params

----------------------------------------------------------------

Simulation | IO   | IRB... | doGrip=1 | IO   | IRB... | diGripOK=1

... when the gripper output is on I want the diGripOK feedback signal to go high.

The manual does not give an example of an IO event with an IO action, so I am not sure of the correct syntax for the action parameter.

I have tried 'diGripOK=1' and 'diGripOK:=1', neither of which worked.

I have even tried setting another output instead of an input with 'doGripOK=1',  'doGripOK:=1' and 'Set doGripOK', but these did not work either.

Please advise me on the correct syntax.

I have been running the program via the Simulate/Play button.

Should the event table also work when running from the virtual Teach-Pendant?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Hello Kevin,

Welcome to the Support Forum!

Here follows an answer in word format, good luck with your simulations!

Best regards

/Ulrika Mor?n

Support Engineer

Event_IO.zip

Administrator37896,4790856481
  • Kevin
    Options

Hello Ulrika,

Thanks for your reply.

I had set up the Event Table in the manner you described but it did not originally work.

Since your reply I have tried again with varying results. Whether or not the Event Table works appears to depend on previous actions in the station.

I have been experimenting to find a pattern of actions which consistently causes the event table to fail, but so far have found only the following (which was not my original problem):

1. I set up a new station with a working Event Table.

2. I shut down the controller then saved and closed the station.

3. On opening the station again and starting the controller the event table did not work.

4. Examination of the Event Table revealed that it had become corrupted: all of the Object fields were blank!

5. Selecting the robot in each object field restored correct operation.

6. I now saved the station again, with the controller still running, then closed and re-opened it. The Event Table was not corrupted and worked OK.(However, on the Robot Studio training course I was instructed to always shut down the controller before saving or closing a station.)

7. Shutting down the controller, closing then reopening the station corrupted the Event Table again.

I have attached the station, saved with the controller not running, in the hope that you will be able to observe the problem for yourself.

Regards,

Kevin

Test__pack&go.zip

Administrator37896,4794560185
  • Klaus
    Options

Dear kevin.

I had same problem.

In my EIO.cfg my names is spellet with great letters like "GRIP"

and my event table didn't work if i wrote "GRIP=1" but if i use small letter like "grip=1" then it works. Try it. it worked for my.

But a note. Its much better in RS 3.0 where you select it from a combobox

Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk