RobotStudio event

backup while robot is in automatic mode

Options
hello all,

does somebody knows if it is possible to create "automatically" backups from the robot. I would like to create everytime the robot - system clock passes midnight automatically a backup from the robot.

is this possilbe? which instruction does I have to use, does I need extra options to perform this?

thanks in advance,

bart

Wink
best regards,

bart

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    You could do this with RAB, you would need the FlexPendant Interface option and/or the PC Interface option, depending on whether or not you wanted to have an external PC trigger and retrieve the backups.
    Russell Drown
  • hey RussD,

first of all thanx for your quick response..... what is RAB and where can I find information about it?

thx,

bart
    best regards,

bart
  • RussD
    Options
    There is a topic elsewhere iin this forum under Developer Tools for Robot Application BUilder, also on the ABB website there is product info.
    Russell Drown
  • hey russD,

thanks for your information. currently I'm reading about RAB and the SDK but I have just one more question. Can I do something as I described previously also with S4C+ controlers or is there no way?

regards,

bart
    best regards,

bart
  • RussD
    Options
    I don't know of a way to do it from the teach pendant on the S4C+, but with the WebWare SDK product + FactoryWare Interface option you could create a PC application that forces backups. Also, there is a product called WebWare Server that does all of this for you out of the box, but may be too expensive depending on the # of robots you have. WebWare has a forum topic aslso and is described on the ABB website as well.
    Russell Drown
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Greetings,

If your robot has multitasking you could write a background task to save the necessary modules to a storage device automatically.  That seems the easiest and most cost effective solution.
    Lee Justice