RobotStudio event

Import of 3D Files for "create path from curve"

Options
Hello,
Try to import a 3D surface for programming a path. The Part was created in Solid Works. In solid Works. I can create one continuous surfase, after the import of this surface in RS The Surface consists of serval segments. The same thing happen with curves. Confused Is there format (for Example Iges with any specia settings) to solve this problem. Are there any workaround??

best Regards
Wilfried

Comments

• NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi,

Please make use of the options like 'create curve from surfaces' in RS and i think it can solve your problem.
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • Winos
    Options
    Hi,
    Tanks for our post, BUT "create Curve from surface" just creates a path around the selected surface. I want to create a surface around the whole Surface.

This means I have to get one surface and afterwards I can can use the option for the path creation.

Any other ideas ?

• NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi,
         I understand your concern.As per my knowledge the requirement cannot be done easily by using RS. I suggest you to use any of the CAD design softwares to achieve the same. It's very easy to do with PROE, CATIA,UG etc. Try with that and i hope you can make it.Thumbs Up
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • Winos
    Options
    Hey,
    The only 3D Software I can use is Solid Works.

Are you working with one of the SW-tools listed above?

Have you tried to cut a tube in several steps, creat a new surfave on this new survaces and import them in RS?

It is important, that the tube will cuted by another tube more than once. This is neccessary for my application.

Would be great to test this and tell me if it works. Probably you just create a 3D export file and I can check the rest by myself in RS.

Wilfried