RobotStudio event

RobotStudio 5.11.01 locking files

Options
Hello, I make a small application in VS 2005 for Flexpendant, I add some instruccions to compiler for copy the files (dll) to my "home" directory. The first time works ok, but if I try to build the application again, I get a error from compiler, it say that can't copy the files to destination.

I close the virtual TPU  and I try to delete the files by my self, and I got a error that the files are in use. The same if I close RS.

Using unlocker program I can see that files are locked by Virtual controler. So I have to kill the procces using this software to be able to copy the new files.

How Can I make to avoid this mess?. If I close the Virtual TPU is not enough to release the files?, Close all RS and release the files "manualy" spends many time. Because RS takes a few time to starts up in my PC.

B.R.

/Jorge

Jorge Turiel

Comments

• Hi Jorge,

Try to shut down the VC, replace the DLL and start it again.

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    It should be enough to close the VTPU. Open the task manager and verify that you not have multiple "Virtual FlexPendant.exe" running. That have happened to me Ermm
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

Hi,

If you have this beviour constantly, you might have a memory leak, meaning that some of the classes used to access data from the RC5 are not "disposed" correctly

BR

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Jorge
    Jorge ✭✭
    Options
    [QUOTE=carlosmtz2000]

Hi,

If you have this beviour constantly, you might have a memory leak, meaning that some of the classes used to access data from the RC5 are not "disposed" correctly

BR

[/QUOTE]

Hello, thanks eveybody for the answers. So I found the problem. I did a small aplication, only one button, and of course I made a dispose, and I don't have the problem, So I think, as said Carlos, I have a memory leak problem. But It's important, because my application, only is for testing and learning. So I have to see what I forget to dispose

Thanks you everybody.

B.R.

/Jorge
    Jorge Turiel