RobotStudio event

Set size of combobox

Options
Hi there,

i have a problem regarding a combobox.

When placing a ABB.Robotics.Tps.Windows.Forms.ComboBox() into a form, its size in collapsed mode can be set.

How can the size in expanded mode can be set???????

It shall be limited for example to show 3 or 4 entries and then offer the scroll elements to search for the one element wanted.....

In the standard, it pops up and stretches over the window client area, i.e. it covers also the taskbar (showing the scroll elements...).

Thanks for your advises

Thomas

Comments

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Thomas,

This is not configurable for the ComboBox of the FlexPendant.

Can you cahge the design of your screen?

BR

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Hi Carlos,

no i cannot change it.

Why is this not possible, as the combobox from the windows system is able to define the size (even if didn't understood how).

Regards
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

Hola ...

The ComboBox for the FP emulates the one from .NET Compact Framework. This was done in order to overcome some of the limitations the original ComboBox has; the main one is the different scroll bars.

Since the ComboBox of the .NET CF does not support the properties to define the width and height of the floating menu, they were not exposed in order to be compiant.

Currently (and due to the limitations of the screen size), the location and size of the floating menu is automatically calculated in order to fit either under or above of the ComboBox.

Saludos

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Hola,

gracias for the answer, but it doesn't really helps, so we have to find another solution...

Unhappy

Regards
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

This was done by design. Sorry. You can always put the request in order to make this change.

Carlos Martinez
    ABB