RobotStudio event

IRB 4600 RS 5.11 setup

Options
Hi,

I am having trouble setting up the IRB4600 robot series in RS 5.11

I have read all of the forum topics about this and tried everything that has been suggested but with no luck.

I have downloaded the rslib files for the IRB4600 from the ABB website but I can not get the system/controller configured properly.

I am wanting to setup a IRB4600_20 with a IRBL250 positioner but just can't get it to work

Can someone please assist me with this?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Ken

Comments

• KenM
    Options
    Have it working after a lot of stuffing around.

Thanks to all that helped.Clap

Ken
  • Hello,

I'm also facing same problem while setting "System from Layout" Shocked. The .cfg file for IRB4600 is not available with me and I'm not able to proceed with any simulation Ermm.

Can anyone help me get the necessary files for all variants of IRB4600??
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • KenM
    Options
    Hi,

This is how I got it to work using Robot Studio v5.11.02.
    1. Download the RobotStudio Sim files from ABB website - http://www.abb.com/product/seitp327/8c73a1fa083fb25fc12574dc0045a9af.aspx?productLanguage=us&country=AU&tabKey=7
    2. Save the RobotStudio Sim files in the RobotStudioABB LibraryRobots folder.
    3. Follow the instructions and download the file that PerSvensson posted (see quote) "Just to make it easier here are 2 updated xml files so that when you start a 4600 vc it will automatically load the right 4600 lib + that you will be able to select  4600 in the ABB Library dropdown. webwiz/967/IRB4600Mapping.zip

Just exchange "MechunitLibraryMap.xml" in RobotStudioLibraryMapping and
      "LibraryTypes.xml" in RobotStudioABB LibraryRobots

These files are the english versions
      Robot modells must exist in RobotStudioABB LibraryRobots"
    4. Start Robot Studio and select the "Offline" tab then select "System Builder"
    5. Select "Create New" on the right
    6. Give the new system a name (ie. IRB4600_20_2.55) then press next
    7. Click the "Virtual Key" checkbox then press next
    8. Press the arrow to include the drive key then press next
    9. If you want to add a positioner or track, use the "Add Additional Options" page and browse for the corresponding "extkey.txt" file for that unit.
    10. Under the "Modify Options" page scroll down to "DriveModule1Drive Module ApplicationABB Standard ManipulatorManipulator Type". Select the correct 4600 manipulator from the list. If you choose to add a positioner or track you will have to also select the other options from the list. This will include communications, additional axes configuration, multimove etc. When finished press next
    11. The next few pages you can choose to add additional parameters and files if needed or just press "Finish"
    12. Close "System Builder" and go back to the "Home" tab in Robot Studio
    13. Select the "Robot System" button and select "Existing System" from the menu list.
    14. Search through the systems list for the new system you created (ie. IRB4600_20_2.55) select the system and press "OK"
    15. This will load your new system
    I found this to work. It might not be the best way but it works. The biggest trouble I found was getting a positioner to work with it. This just came down to getting the additional files and options correct.

Please let me know how you with it or if you need any help.

Ken

Ken
  • Hello Ken,

Your method works fineStar

As I've to include some custom made mechanism with the station, so I need to use "create system from layout" option. But when i use this option, RS is not able to find the "ktx" or "cfg" file neither for IRB4600 nor for the .rslib custom mechanism Confused. Is there a solution for this?
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • KenM
    Options
    I had the same problem.
    For some reason the "create system from layout" option does not work for the 4600.

On one of the other posts about issues with the IRB4600 someone has posted a "ktx" file.
    I tried this but it did not work.

Sorry I can not help you any further with it.

Ken

Ken
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    The IRB4600 robots will be included in RS 5.12, and then will they also work with "Create System from Layout".

The reason why the IRB4600 robots not are included in RS 5.11.02, is that they not was official released when we released RS 5.11.02.

RS 5.12 will be released in April this year.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hello,

Thanks Anders Smile

Can you help me with the solution for the custom mechanisms Ermm

When I use the option "create system from layout", using these custom made mechanism (saved as .rslib), it asks for a "cfg" file. But when I create a fresh mechanism (including new 3D models) and use "create system from layout", it automatically creates one "cfg".

Is there a reasoning available why this happens with the .rslib mechanism Exclamation
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    If you have created your own mechanism CSFL will ask for a cfg-file the first time. Then will it remember this mechanism, so if you use the same mechanism again, CSFL will automatically use the same cfg-file as the last time.

If CSFL ask for a cfg-file, and your mechanism is a normal single unit, you can use the cfg-files that comes with the Robot Ware. You will find the cfg-files under this folder:

C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITMediaPoolRobotWare_5.xx.xxxutilityAdditionalAxis
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics

• Hello Anders,
    The option that you suggested did not worked for my application....
    I've setup the "Event Manager" for this as well as used the "cfg" as suggested by you.
    The conveyor is supposed to carry the component to the other end, then the robot will pick it and put it into the CNC and this cycle repeats.
    I've uploaded the conveyor mechanism on the "content  sharing" page (link is as follows):

But nothing happens with the external axis. Will you be able to find some time if I send you the required files to resolve this ?
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Anders S
    Options
    If the mechanism is a device that not is controlled by the robot, you donA't need a cfg-file for it. If you control the conveyor from the Event Manager (as you describe above) you should add "poses" to the mechanism and then use the event "Move Mech to Pose" to move it.
    You will find information about this in the RS help.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics