RobotStudio event

Logon to Robot using PC SDK

Options

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options
    Hi Gio,

You can either use the IP or you could use a "default system".

Thumbs Up

Please read the fantastic User's Guide/Application manual, chapters:

[Run-time environment - Running PC Applications - PC application configuration]

[Using the PC SDK - Accessing the controller]

Best regards

John Wiberg
  • Gio
    Options

Hi john

I thank you very much for you answer and I appreciated your hepl

I read the chapters on the user's manual that you suggest me, but on chapter [Run-time environment - Running PC Applications - PC  application configuration] is written a note:

?_oNOTE!Even if you use the App.config file to specify which controllers to work with you must still use the netscan functionality to be able to establish a connection from your PC application?__

and more, on [Using the PC SDK - Accessing the controller] is written that:

?_oThe argument of ControllerFactory.CreateFrom(info As ControllerInfo) is a ControllerInfo object, which may have been retrieved during a network scan?__

so it seams that to logon to a robot is necessary to do a network scan.

Do you have an example code where is not used the network scan to logon to the Robot?
    Gio2009-03-23 23:47:10
  • Ingela
    Options
    Hello,

To log on to a controller, it must have been found by NetScan. Normally in the PC SDK, you call NetworkScanner.Scan to find the robot on the network, even if it is specified in App.config.

But there is a possibility that you may not have to perform a scan - if Robot Studio is running before the RAB application is started, NetScan is likely to have found the robot controller already. So your PC SDK app may check if NetworkScanner.Find(Guid systemId) returns the robot, and if not call NetworkScanner.Scan.

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden