RobotStudio event

Robot Studio Online portion crashing constantly

Options

Hello,

My robot studio 5.11 online portion has been crashing constantly and it makes it very difficult to do my job efficiently, is there anything that can be fixed to prevent these? I attached screen shots.

Thanks,

First-image

After I click Ok, it shuts my computer down.

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:27:35
Dustin

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    It is actually not RS that crash. Could be a virus in your PC, see this link:

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • I would be extremely surprised since it useually only happens when I am first connecting to a controller, or applying my changes. It only ever happens while I am in Robot Studio.
    I feel it safe to say this wouldn't be a virus. Is there any error logging I can turn on so I can give you guys more then just the memory error?
    Dustin
  • Still, svchost and RPC are Windows components and not part of RobotStudio.
    Make sure you have the latest updates installed, specifically Windows XP SP3.

regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • I do have SP3, and my laptop is updated when ever microsoft releases their updates. This problem only happens in Robot studio, so even though svchost and rpc are windows components, does Robot studio interact with them in any way that might cause this. I never had this issue with the original robot studio/online. dh_custompak2009-04-03 14:29:01
    Dustin
  • Laro88
    Options
    RPC services that fail can cause a situation like yours (forcing reboot).

Have you upgraded Robot studio? Something might have gone wrong during the upgrade and an old service (from ABB perhaps) was not upgraded. When it is beeing accessed ( you go online ) the old service behaves "badly" causing the problem...

Please dump the windows & application & security logfiles here, the log usually tells which RPC that caused / reported the problem. At least it is a good starting point.

To abort the shutdown go into a shell, and do a "shutdown -a" - this aborts the scheduled shutdown. Does windows otherwise behave nicely after the situation has occurred? I am asking to determine if a windows service has experienced problems.