RobotStudio event

Recording application

Options
how do you get the record application working.

A previous post suggest that in the robot studio options- screen recorder there is a link to a website for the codec... No link found on my installation of 5.11.02

FYI, I have the recorder installed and working but need to advise a customer on how to install and cant remember how I did it

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

For recording the simulation in RS v5.11.02, use following steps to guide your customer:

1. Run the application & open the desired station from which you wish to record.
    2. Open flex pendant and put the system in "auto mode", and keep it ready to play.
    3. Go to "Simulation" tab. In the "Record movie" section you'll find "Record Application & Record Graphics" options. Choose the one which serves your purpose.
    4. Before pressing the record button, press play button in the flex pendant and then press the adequate record button as per requirement.
    5. Once the recording is complete, press the "Stop Recording" button. You'r done!

If you want a movie describing this method/process then let me know.

Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • sturner
    Options
    Thanks Saurabh.

The 'record application' is unavailable and I remember having to install a Codec? before it would function... My question is how do I enable/ install the record application.
  • Hello,

Sturner, the problem may be with the version of the RS available with your customer. As this facility for recording (known as "Screen Maker") is available for free for internal use it is installed by default while installing RS v5.11.02. But for customers, the version may not be "Premium". So the customer need a premium key to install and use this feature.

See the following link for details: -

Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • sturner
    Options
    Hi
    It appears that once installed the 'Record Application' you will not see the link to install the windows encoder from the RobotStudio Options.

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

I just want to clarify that Screen Maker is not for recording. It is used to create Screens for the FlexPendant.

BR/Carlos
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Hello,

Thanx Carlos for the clarification. But till date I used the same for recording purpose only. Once I installed this, I was able to record in RS 5.10. So I thought it implements the same in RS 5.11.02.

Can you give more inputs on RAB? How do we use this and for what purpose ?
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

In the ABB site:

Robot Application Builder (RAB) - Allows you to create custom screens for the FlexPendant or PC which interacts with the IRC5 controller. Requires to install VS.NET and some knowledge of .NET programming

ScreenMaker (CTP version) - Allows you to create custom screens for the FlexPendant without .NET programming.

Both of them have a specific forum.

Best Regards ...
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB