RobotStudio event

Conveyor Tracking option in RS v5.11.02

Options
Hello,

I was desperately waiting for this option in RS called "conveyor tracking" Clap

With this we can track objects passing through a defined path and the robot in turn can pick up just like in 'real time' applications Smile

I'm able to create a 'conveyor tracking path'. But I'm confused to how to use it for the purpose Confused

I'll be really greatfull if someone can send/upload a video describing the whole processStar
Regards,
Saurabh Vashist

Comments

• Niklas Skoglund
    Options
    Hi Saurabh,

I have a PowerPoint presentation that covers the basics.

It was made for internal use, so I'm posting it as is.

Maybe it can help you out:

By the way, have you tried consulting the Operating Manual?

Conveyor tracking is a bit tricky to get started with so I would like to know if you found the manual helpful or not...

There is also a demo station in the installation.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • Hello,

Please see the attached images which shows that when I include a conveyor as a library option, it does not show in the drop-down menu for 'conveyor tracking' option.

But when I disconnect the object from the library, 'conveyor tracking' option shows the object in the drop down menu.

Is this due to some procedure OR is that a bug ?

Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    This is not a bug, a part which is imorted as a library is write protected until itA's disconnected from library.

So to be able to use it in "Create Mechanim" and compile it to a mechanism, it must be disconnected. This is the same for all types of mechanisms.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hello Anders,

Thanks for your reply..Star

I already using same procedure. Just got a thought that may be there is another way out to this Smile

Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Hello,

Please see the below image which is self-explainatory for my problem.

Can anyone suggest how to get these "cfg" files for custom made mechanism and conveyors with conveyor tracking option ???

Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Hello,

Is there no option or resolution for my problem Ermm
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Try the attached cnv.cfg file for your conveyor or build your system using the attached PROC.cfg file.

webwiz/1178/PROC.zip
    webwiz/1178/cnv.zip
  • Anders S
    Options
    To use conveyor tracking, you need to select the option "606-1 Conveyor Tracking".

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Anders S
    Options

In "Create System from Layout" you should only select your robot, not the conveyor. When the system starts up, RS will ask for a mechanism, now should a mechanism of the type Conveyor be selected. No special cfg files are needed.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics