RobotStudio event

Screenmaker error (while launching)

Options
I run RS5.11.02 select the screenmaker tab and click launch. I get the following error:

Screenmaker error: Unable to get the .NET Compact Framework Folder

Then after clicking OK I get this one:

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExeptions properly for more information.
 at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark&stackMark)
 at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
 at ABB.Robotics.ScreenMaker.AssemblyBindingService.RedirectMetadata(String runtimeAssemblyName, String asmmetaAssemblyName, Boolean throwException)

After clicking ok I get the same message a couple of times. Then the screenmaker works fine until I try to build my project. When building I get the following errormessage in the Output widget:

ScreenMaker -> Build Error -> Screen - Line 0: Den forhA?ndsdefinerte typen System.Object er ikke definert eller importert.

(The predefined type System.Object is not defined or imported).

I think the problem is with my .net version. My colleagues have .net framework 2.0 SP1 at they are not experiencing these errors. I have installed the following versions installed:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Norwegian Language Pack
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - NOR
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - NOR
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

During installation of screenmaker, 2.0 SP1 failed. I tried downloading 2.1 SP1 from MS but insallation fails. Probably due to more recent versions allready installed.

Are there workarounds, manual configs to make screenmaker work with .netfx3.5 ? Any suggestions? Do I need any SDKs?

Comments

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

Before trying the possible workarounds, I will like to solve the first installation.

Can you try to install the .NET Compact Framework?

If this installation goes OK, but you still have the problem, we might need to check inside your registry what is missing.

Best Regards
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • GrandNagus
    Options
    I just finnished installing the *compact* .net framework and testing screenmaker and it seems it was exactly what I needed. Now it works ok.
  • MPrince
    Options
    Hi All , just to let you know i had the exact same error as this and did as Carlos suggested but it never worked but i found that the version Carlos links to is 3.5 .I found 2.0 and installed that now everything is ok. By the way i'm running Vista.
  • GMORRIS59
    Options
    I am experiencing a similar problem and I have installed the .NET as suggested above.

Any other ideas?

imageimageimage
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi ...

Just to double check: do you have the FP Interface Option in your system?

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Note: This post was related to a problem while trying to run ScreenMaker inside RobotStudio. In you case, you are having a trouble in trying to run a ScreenMaker application inside the FlexPendant...
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • GMORRIS59
    Options
    I am running from RobotStudio using the Virtual FlexPendant
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

In order to run ScreenMaker inside the Virtual FlexPendant or Real FlexPendant, the system must have the Robotware Option  616-1 (PC Interface).

Can you check if the system have this option installed?

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

In order to run an ScreenMaker application (Real or Virtual FlexPendant), the system must have the Robotware Option 616-1 (PC Interface) installed.

Could you verify that the system has this option installed?
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • GMORRIS59
    Options
    How do I check which options?
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    You can use the FlexPendant or RobotStudio Online.

This is explained in the Operating Manuals.
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB