RobotStudio event

Flexpendant Start View Problem

Options
My ScreenMaker project has been built and deployed to the virtual controller without errors.

imageWhen I start my main screen from the ABB menu on the virtual FlexPendant I get:

There are 16 pages of data to scroll through.

After acknowledging the message the screen displays OK, but when I click on a button (which should display another screen) I get:

Screenmaker connects OK to a real IRC5, but when I attempt to deploy the project I get:

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options

Below is a simple project with a Main screen and a Sub screen. A button in the Main screen should display the Sub screen. A button in the Sub screen should close the Sub screen, resulting in the Main screen being redisplayed.

With this project I get similar errors to those shown above.

I would be very grateful if someone would download and test the project to see if they get the same problems.

Source & Build files:   webwiz/40/Test_Screens-Source_&_Build.zip

Dll files:   webwiz/40/Test_Screens_dlls.zip

Thanks,

Kevin

• carlosmtz2000
    Options

Which RW version are you using?

The last error happens when the Virtual FP process is still alive. Which application are you using to launch the virtual controller?

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options

Hi Carlos,

I am using RW 5.11.1033 and am launching the VC from RobotStudio 5.11.0.

I have just disconnected from the VC in ScreenMaker, then I stopped the VC.

Back in ScreenMaker I connected, then tried to deploy to the real IRC5 which resulted in a different error to that above:

Thanks,

Kevin

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

Sorry for just giving you basic steps .. I am trying to remember the reasons of this. Could you:

- check that there the Virtual FP process is running (TaskManager -> VirtualFlexPendant.exe)

- open you home folder and delete the files of your application (include the ABB.Robotics.Screenmaker.*, if any ...)

- make sure your system have the RW options: PC interface and FP interface.

Thanks
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options

Hi Carlos,

Both the VC and the RC have the PC interface and FP interface options.

I checked in Task Manager that VirtualFlexPendant.exe was not running.

I am not sure whether you are referring to deployment to the VC or RC, so this is what I did:

REAL CONTROLLER
    I checked that there were no ScreenMaker files on the RC.

I loaded my Test_Screens project into ScreenMaker and connected to the RC.

I built the project and successfully deployed it to the RC. The files appeared in Root.

I rebooted the real FP and tested the application. It worked OK.

VIRTUAL CONTROLLER
    I deleted all ScreenMaker application files from the VC (they were in Root rather than Home).

In ScreenMaker I disconnected from the RC and connected to the VC.

I deployed the project to the VC - the files appeared in Root.

I restarted the VC then started the VFP.

On starting the application from the ABB menu the Main screen displayed OK.

When I clicked on the button to switch to the Sub screen this error message was displayed:

I wondered whether the failure to deploy to the RC yesterday was caused by having previously deployed to the VC, so I closed the VFP and checked in Task Manager that it was not running. Then I disconnected from the VC, connected to the RC and again successfully deployed to the RC.

I don't know why things are different today. Yesterday I restarted RS several times and was always getting the same error messages - perhaps I should have rebooted my PC.

Do you have any suggestions for overcoming the remaining problem?

EDIT
    UIShow displays the Main screen OK on the VFP, but when I click on the button this error occurs:

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin2009-04-02 12:32:56
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. Could you email me a RS Pack&Go? I will then load exactly the same system that you have.

Thanks
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options
    With the help of carlosmtz2000 I established that the problems only occur if the station is located on a network drive. If the station is on the PC 'C:' drive the screens work OK.

Kevin