RobotStudio event

Create backup from Live IRC5 to play with

Options
Since I am a newbie in robotics I have to ask silly questions....

I have access to a running IRC5 solution with a 140 arm, a Devicenet IO module + more.

I would ( to avoid disaster ) like to create a backup of "Everything" on the IRC5, bring it to somewhere safe - open it - and try to figure out what it does ( and does not )
I hope to achieve a virtual system that I can try out the existing PC application on - obviously not with the devicenet stuff on...

I have made a backup using the Flexpendant and tried to restore it as written in the forum by Henrik Berlin @ Posted: 22-December-2008 at 08:11 but I don't seem to get a running system out of it Ouch

Shall I attempt to go Online with a laptop to achieve a "system copy" or is there a "noninvasive" way to do this....

Another thing ( beeing a programmer & former sysadm ) - what is the official / recommended way go backup everything on the IRC5? I wish to be able to recover from disaster, since time (long nights in server rooms) has taught me that disasters do happen - so I might as well prepare for it here as well.

Yours sincerely

Comments

• sturner
    Options
    Hi
    You have two easy ways to create a backup of your robot system

Using the FlexPendant, select the ABB menu and select Backup and Restore, select Backup current system... you will then need to browse to the location where you want to save to.

Using Online, make connection to the robot and choose Backup form the Online Ribbon.

Additional files that are required that are not part of the active system may be copied using the file transfer window within online, or FlexPenant explorer.

I recomend that you also try using the GoOffline button within Online, this will create a virtual replica of your robot station including external axis and correct baseframe positions together with all parameters and installed program... COOL !!!, you will require the full installation of RobotStudio to do this.

All the best

Simon T