RobotStudio event

UAS in Combination with Rapid Data

Options
Hello robotfolks,

Problem: Write Rapid Data with RAB

Software : (RAB) 5.11.01, (System Pack Robot 5.11.02)

I created a application with RAB, when the pickpoint of the robot is not Ok a operator has to preform a 'PP_Reset',  a flag is written in the robot and will be read in a multitask, after this action the current Pickpoint will be resetted. THis action can happen a few times/hour. I I must give the 'default user' the grant :

Modify current value

Gives access to modify current value of any RAPID variable.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This grant is a subset of the grant Perform ModPos and

HotEdit. (Available from RobotWare 5.07.03.)

The 'Default user' can now also change the z value of a workobject or any other kind of pers rapid data. I don't  want the 'default user' to change this data. Is it possible to change it for a specified datatype? for example a Record?

Does anybody got the same problem's??

Best Regards,

Jaaaahhhh

Comments

• Ingela
    Options
    Hello,

There is no support in UAS to do this, that is to enable a user to change only a specific type of RAPID data. So I think you should try something else to achieve the result you're after. I don't completety understand what it is you want to do. What do you mean by "pickpoint"? (Program pointer?)
    Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • RussD
    Options

Why don't you create user groups/accounts that force a user with sufficient access to operate the robot, then reduce the permissions of default user?

Russell Drown
  • Jaaahhh
    Options
    Hello Ingela, thanks for the reply.

I am sorry, 'pickpoint' is a conveyor were the robot has to pick up boxes. I am palletising with the robot. When the boxes are not aligned ok, the operator 'default user' must give a 'Reset PP' bool. This action can happen many times, that is why I choose to give the 'default user' this right.

But in your reply is exact what I want mean I want to give some data acces and other data not. Will this be possible in the futher?

Hello RussD,

Thanks for the reply. If I create some more groups for example operator I have exectly the same problem. I think it is only possible if you can give acces to rapiddata. Maybe only for a record....???

Greetings,

Edwin,
  • RussD
    Options
    That would be very difficult to implement, considering that  the user is free to create an infinite number of datatypes. UAS configuration would be unacceptably complicated if one had to potentially configure every datatype in the system.

Instead, maybe you can change the way you trigger this flag, perhaps by instead of setting a bool, you could have them set a signal (with Write I/O grant) that runs a trap that resets the bool. That way you could lock down the RapidData access. You can of course configure I/O access levels so that only selected signals can be settable in auto.
    Russell Drown
  • Jaaahhh
    Options
    Wink  RussD,

Perfect  ,

I implemented it today, it works perfect! Thanks for the tip....!

Best Regards,

Edwin,