RobotStudio event

How to copy a file to the network?

Options
I want a ScreenMaker button on the FlexPendant to cause my Rapid program to copy a process log file from the IRC5 to a
network folder using the CopyFile instruction.

I can use the Virtual FlexPendant explorer to copy a file from the VC to a network folder, because I have logged on to the network from the PC.

In the real FlexPendant explorer I cannot see the network, only the IRC5 drive, presumably because I have no way of logging on to the network from the IRC5.

What must I do to access the network from the IRC5?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    You would need to have the RW option 614 FTP and NFS client, configure an FTP or NFS mount that exists on an external PC, and then copy the file to this mounted drive. Alternatively, you can have some outside FTP client copy the file from the robot's flash disk.
    Russell Drown
  • Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Russell,

I have 615-1 NFS Client, and 616-1 PC Interface.

I am not sure what you mean by 'configure an FTP or NFS mount...'. or how to mount the external drive so that the IRC5 can see it. Is there a technical document on how to do this?

I am able to down load the file to a PC via FTP, but wish an unskilled operator with minimal IRC5 access rights to initiate the download of the last process log file by pressing a button on the FP.

Thanks for your reply,

Kevin

• RussD
    Options

If you are talking about a button in a FlexPendant application, you must make sure that you have the option FlexPendant Interface in order to run these applications.

Here is a the document for NFS Client and FTP client:

Russell Drown
  • Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Russell,

That is the document I was missing.

Kevin