RobotStudio event

Confused about the functionality of RS 5.12

Options

Comments

• Hello Winos,

I would suggest you to install and test the 'beta' versions only if your profile is as a programmer/R&D/applicaiton testing. Else you would end up in a mess like you've mentioned above. Always rely/trust the normal/tested versions.

Well as far as your questions are concerned then any new version of the software is brought up due to following:

> Removing present bugs (if any)

> Improving present functionality

> Introducing new features

RS5.12 minimal version may not have the full functionality as it may be still in some upgrdation stage.

The release dates of RS5.12 can be best answered by its product manager.
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • RobotStudio 5.12 is released and can be downloaded from the RS Community pages at abb.com. When you install it, you can select to make a "minimum" installation. If you do that you will only install the online components of RS. Most users will of course want the complete functionality, but if you have inherited your grandmothers computer and thus have a tiny harddrive, you may prefer the small footprint of minimum. If you make a full installation you can run it with "basic" functionality for free. To get "premium" functionality you need to buy a subscription and activate the product. Most users will want premium. That is where the beef is.

Bertil Thorvaldsson
    Product Manager, Software Products
    ABB Robotics
  • For those who remember the older product line:
    Minimum is similar to RSO

Basic adds functionality similar to Virtual IRC5

Premium is RobotStudio
    Bertil Thorvaldsson
    Product Manager, Software Products
    ABB Robotics
  • Winos
    Options
    Hey,
    Thanks for the information. Now I have found out, that there are two different download packages available. The one I had was a minimum package of the RW5.12 with the minimum functionality of RS.

Now I have found the RS 5.12 with the functionality I expected.

BR Wilfried