RobotStudio event

IRB 360

Options
Hi. I'm having a problem with this robot. When I try to make a path, even if it's a little movement, it allways give me the same error: IRB360_3kg_1: Joint Out of Range. Anybody knows why? Thanks

Comments

• Hello Drake,

This error is encountered when you move the particular robot axis to its limits. On reaching limits, the robot prompts the user for such error.

This is calculated based on algorithms in the controller and may be encountered even after fine-tuning the programming codes. To rectify this may have to fine-tune the joints for each programmed step & then give a 'warm restart' to the controller.
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Drake
    Options
    But when I check reachability it's all fine. It's not reaching the limits, a small moviment does this error to happen.
  • Anders S
    Options

Have you moved the robot away from the RS floor? If yes, are you sure you have the task frame at the correct position relative the mechanism?

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Drake
    Options

Yes I sure... but the same error appears. But when in the path i put auto configuration it works, but when i say to the simulate the path, the same error
    Drake2009-04-23 02:43:00
  • Hello Drake,

Can you share your station with 'Pack&Go' file?
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Drake
    Options
    Yes. where do I sent it?
  • Drake, you have to upload the file in "ZIP Archive". You can do this as follows:

• Click on "Post Reply" (not quick reply)
    • Select the "File Upload" button in the 'editing pane'. It'll open another window where you can choose options to browse the file and upload in you account. This will give you the link to the file you've uploaded. "Copy & Paste" the link from the 'preview' text box in the Post Reply text box.
    • Post reply....you're done!!
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Hello Drake,

Well, sorry to inform you but your station with all three targets works very fine with my RS Star. No such errors are encountred either if play it with VFP or if I simulate this from Simulation TAB. I also don't find any target going out of joint in the 'rob_target_data'.

May be we should wait for Anders Spaak to respond after he review the station Smile
    Regards,
    Saurabh Vashist
  • Drake
    Options

really? that's strange. Stern Smile... but this is the only robot that gives me problems. The others work fine. Thanks anyway 
    Drake2009-04-24 15:00:13
  • Drake
    Options
    Anders Spaak help me Wink
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hello Drake,
    I have tested your Pack and Go and got the same problem as you, when I used RW 5.11.0160 (the same as you used in your Pack and Go) I couldnA't get the robot to move.

But when I tested with RW5.12 it worked Smile, so it seems to be a problem in RobotWare 5.11.

So test to do the same with the RobotWare 5.12 version that come with RobotStudio 5.12.

I understand that this problem confused you, It confused me to Ermm.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Drake
    Options
    Hi. With that the problem has been solved. Thanks