RobotStudio event

RS5.12 Autoconfiguration of a Path

Options

I upgraded to the new 5.12 release this morning and the only issue I have found is autoconfiguration not longer works for linear moves.  I have only gotten it to work with a path of MoveJ commands.  All the paths in my program start with a moveJ then use moveL and home made move commands.  It will not work if a MoveL is in the path.  I get the following error even if I manually set configurations to where it will work. 

"Couldn't JumpTo {0}  from previous position. You should check configuration on target {0} 4/23/2009 3:52:09 PM General "

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    We have no reports of problems with Auto Config in 5.12, and it works for me. But if you e-mail me a "Pack and Go" of your station, I can take a look. anders.spaak@se.abb.com
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • kuv-vokl
    Options
    Hi,
    i have the same problem and have made some tests.

- In one short path there is no problem with autoconfig.

- In another path with other targets but the same targets the autoconfig stops ona specific MoveL instruction.

- If you change this instruction to MoveJ, then the next MoveL is the problem, and so on.

I think this is a bug. Please help us.

Thanks

Klaus

Klaus Vogel
    Kühne+Vogel Sondermaschinen GmbH
  • DaBot
    Options
    I have sent Anders a P&G as well as a dump file from the RS support tool. 
    >>>>>>>>>>>>Thanks
  • DaBot
    Options
    I have sent Anders a P&G as well as a dump file from the RS support tool. 
    >>>>>>>>>>>>Thanks
  • kuv-vokl
    Options
    Hi,
    i have also send the "rspag" file to Anders. Maybe he can find out what is going on.

To Anders:

Did you get my "rspag" file ? - Do you need something else ?

Thanks

Klaus
    kuv-vokl2009-04-24 16:08:45
    Klaus Vogel
    Kühne+Vogel Sondermaschinen GmbH
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes I have I got your P&G files, I will look at them next week.

I will respond to you as soon as I have looked at them.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • scotc
    Options
    I am running into the same issues with MoveL commands.  I have noticed that once you do enter the autoconfigure feature and cancel out of the feature without making changes the feature becomes unuseable (greyed out) after that, but still possilbe to change configurations for indivdual points.
  • Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    We have now found the problems with Auto Config, and they will be solved in the next release (RS 5.12.01). But if you canA't wait until then, you can use the attached dll-file.

The attached file should replace the existing file called "KIRTech.MultiMove.API.dll", which is placed in the folder C:Program FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobotStudio 5.12Bin.

But be aware of that the attached dll-file not is fully tested yet, so I strongly recommend that you take a copy of the old dll-file before replacing it.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • scotc
    Options
    I have replaced the .dll file and seems to be working correctly with no issues so far.  I will update if issues arise.

Thanks
  • Yu I
    Options
    Hello,
    I replaced the dll file but autoConfig still cannot be active. Has everybody really got no problem?

Yu