RobotStudio event

setting configuration

Options
Hello.  This is probably an easy one, I am just a beginner.  I have created a target in the layout mode, after inserting a robot and workpiece model, but cannot configure the target.  I have tried right clicking target but the configuration button cannot be selected, i.e. it is greyed out.  Any suggestions?

Cheers Chris

Comments

• Still having trouble here - I can move tool to target, but cannot move robot to target as this is greyed out. When clicking on robot most options are greyed out, cannot even select 'set as active'.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - cheers chris
  • NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi,

I think you did not create a system. First create a system with required robot and then attach the tool. Later jog the robot to the position and teach.Otherwise creat  targets and configure the them later.
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • I have started a new station, then clicked no system and imported the robot and welding gun from the library.  I then imported a model of the workpiece, created a curve on my model, created a path from the curve.  From here i can only view the tool (welding gun) at the target not the robot and cannot set the configuration.  It seems as though the robot is not 'active'.  I have been briefly shown how to use this program by an experienced user and he told me to select 'no system' then importing the robot.  Cheers Chris

• NIKHIL
    Options
    hi,

First of all create a system and do all those steps.Or else use create system from layout option after you imported all the datas. It will work.Thumbs Up
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • Now it is working!  Thanks for your help - i knew I missed a small step like that!! Cheers

• dhyan
    Options
    Hi, i just want to add nikhil's advice. Based on my experiences, in the offline programming first you must create a system, but don't forget if you want to implement your program (online programming) you must setting TCP. You have to match the DeviceNet Address on the unit that you define and the physically connector on I/O unit DSQC 652.

Best Regard,

Dhyan

Indonesia

fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom
  • NIKHIL
    Options
    HI Dhyan,

Thanks for the support. That is a very important point you need to consuder when you are planning to use the system for onsite teeaching.Clap
    NIKHIL2009-06-04 09:08:38
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • dhyan
    Options
    I am a beginner too in Robot Studio. I work as Robot Programmer in an Robotics System Integrator. I always create a JSP (Jackson Structured Programming) before I create a complex robot program. As ABB Tutorial I have read, Program Structuring is 80% of the work. But in my country, JSP is not popular, some senior programmers say that it waste a time to create JSP first. How about in your country? Is the JSP (or other flow chart) an important for you?
        Thank you Nikhil and Chris.GBU
  • NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi Dhyan,

I think in India we don't use JSP. We use flow charts or algorithms to analyse the structure of the program. I worked with a company in Spain and there they were using GRAFECETS instead of JSP. As your senior programmers said, the JSP or any other flow chart is waste of time.Dead It is useful for the programmer only. I always use my own way to list down or structure a complex programEvil Smile. It is necessarry for understanding the program after some days. I suggest have a habit of creating any kind of flow chart whenever you go for a complex program. It is very easy to analyze as well as troubleshootWink.

Regards,
    Nikhil
  • dhyan
    Options

Hello Nikhil.

A? Yes I know GRAFECETS in my university. In my old work, I use GRAFECETS (I call it as SFC / Sequential Function Chart) to analize the PLC program. It is the Europe Standart.

But I think Robot controller has different algorithm with PLC. Robot algorithm (Program Pointer) walks top down, execute one by one as series logic. PLC algorithm works as paralel logic. To has a same paralel logic with PLC, IRC5 needs Multitasking Robot Ware option. My ABB contact in Indonesia say that PLC is more usefull, effectife and stable than Using Multitasking. I have tried it. It's true.

A? A?Thank you for your share Nikhil. A?It can blow up my knowledge.

Best Regard, Dhyan

• Hello, I'm trying to set multiple targets and make a path with them, but I need to set the robot configuration for each one. Does anyone know how to make it faster? Thanks in advance.

• Auto Configuration!
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics