RobotStudio event

Conveyor Tracking

Options
Hi,
I am trying to set up a conveyor tracking system and was wondering if anybody knows how to set the speed of the conveyor? i had the option available once when i first built the system but that button is greyed out to me now.

Thanks

GARY

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    If you select the conveyor in the Layout Browser the button will be enabled.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks
    Working now!!
  • can u please give me a step by step procedure of setting up a robot system with conveyor..... i dont know but something goes wrong everytime

• Anders S
    Options

Here is a step by step procedure:

1. Create a mechanism of the type Conveyor. ItA's important that the conveyors "start position" is lower than zero (e.g. -500). The "attachment points" are the frames you attach the parts to that should be moved by the conveyor.

2. Create one or more systems with the option "Conveyor Tracking".
      3.Build up your station with the robot(s) and the conveyor. Remember to define the base frame for the conveyor and/or the robot. The easiest is to leave the conveyors base frame at zero, and instead move the robot(s) base frame(s).
      4. Configure workobject(s) moved by mechanical unit : conveyor (CNV1).
      5. Go through the Conveyor Setup:
        6. Go through the Encoder Unit Configuration:
          7. Jog the conveyor so the workobject connect to the conveyor, and then create the robot path(s).
          8. Synch the path(s) to the VC and finish the program in the Offline Editor.
          9. Select the conveyor in the Layout Browser, click on Simulation and set the conveyor speed.
            10. Run the simulation.
          Best regards,
          Anders Spaak
          ABB Robotics
        • thank you for such a quick response......Clap........... i will try it just now.....
        • Ander, can u please clarify me the following things..

1. what do you mean by "under conveyor tracking" in step 2.

2. i tried to follow the procedure... but it is giving me the following error

imageimageimage " no useful workobject identified
             the setup cannot be successful!"

even after i have declared a work object.

• Hi,
          The Workobjects need to be attached to the conveyor.

robhold = False

ufprog   = False

ufmec = the conveyor (eg CNV1)

Gary
        • Anders S
          Options
          The system must have the software option "Conveyor Tracking". you can create a system with this option in System Builder:

Best regards,
          Anders Spaak
          ABB Robotics
        • CryCryCry

i am still having problem......
          here...... i will tell u all that i did.......step by step....
          tell me where am i wrong......

1.opened robotstudio and clicked on system builder and selected irb1410 and checked the 606-1 conveyor tracking option......
          2.it asked for the conveyor library.. so i located the one which i had created earlier with the conveyor 950 4000h2
          3.i opened the system from  new station->existing system->system4(the default name)
          4. then i changed the position of the conveyor.. (both the rob and the conveyor were placed at origin)
          5.i opened flex pendant ABB->program data->wobjdata->new->wobj1(say)->changed the values as mentioned above.
          6. i defined the tool1 i.e. aw_gun and then i defined the work object with three points for object frame and for user frame it showed CNV1 which it had changed in step 5.
          7. then i went to RobotSystem->conveyor->setup
          and.........ahhhh...................... i still get the error

"No useful workobjects could be identified
             setup cannot complete successfully!"

..........................................................................................................................

can it because  while defining conveyor mechanism i had used pitch 1500 and count 4 whereas the conveyor length was only 3000........ the frame showed it 4500 for count 4....
          or is it something else .... please guide me..........

• one thing more, i had selected the virtual key while building the system ( i know you people would be knowing it but still....)

and please load the library file for pneumatic vacuum gripper which can hold large boxes...if you have it...plz

• plz upload the library file for pneumatic vacuum gripper if you have one...
        • please upload the library file for pneumatic vacuum gripper......
        • hello Anders and Gray.......

i got thru the above error... but i don't know how to get the following windows in the steps u mentioned
            6. Go through the Encoder Unit Configuration:
              7. Jog the conveyor so the workobject connect to the conveyor, and then create the robot path(s).
              8. Synch the path(s) to the VC and finish the program in the Offline Editor.
            And if i am not bothering u people too much can u please upload vacuum gripper and tell me how to use it with the conveyor so that one robot picks a workobject from the ground and places it onto the conveyor.

• hello Anders,

with your guidance, i think i have made an approximate conveyor tracking system but i would really appreciate if you could help me with the following things...

1.the conveyor works quite fine when i jog it but when i simulate it, it moves a sudden movement and then stops... i suppose it should keep on moving.

2. the parts (work-object boxes) had to be arranged before-hand, however i was thinking of building a system in which a robot would pickup the boxes using vacuum gripper and places it on the conveyor which then moves it to the second robot.

Can you please help me in the above mentioned things....... i need your help
            please...

• Toranja
            Options
            Hello all

Please forgive me for some possible English mistakes that may appear on the poster shown below.

I'm a newbie on this area, and started now working with the IRB340 flexpicker.
            I also have the card D377A which allows me to use the conveyor tracking position, but... for more than an week I've been crashing my head with this robot Cry

I've already downloaded the ppt with the tutorial for an easy "Using conveyor tracking in RobotStudio" but unfortunetly i've only have access to the online mode (I don't know how can you use all those other options...).

Before me there were some other guys working with this robot and i believe that they left me with some of the configuration files missing Confused.

Please find below the thing that i've already made :)

1 - Trial up Program

MODULE MainModule

CONST robtarget p0:= ...
                CONST robtarget p10:= ...
                CONST robtarget p20:= ...
                CONST robtarget p30:= ...
                CONST robtarget p40:= ...

PERS wobjdata wobjcnv2 := [ TRUE, FALSE, "CNV2" , [ [0, 0, 0], [1, 0, 0 ,0] ], [ [0, 0, 0], [1, 0, 0 ,0] ] ];

PROC main()

ConfLOff;

wobjcnv2.ufmec := "CNV2";

ActUnit CNV2;

MoveJ p0, v1000, fine, tool0;

WaitWObj wobjcnv2;

MoveL p10, v1000, z1, tool0Wobj:=wobjcnv2;
                    MoveL p20, v1000, z1, tool0Wobj:=wobjcnv2;
                    MoveL p30, v500, z20, tool0Wobj:=wobjcnv2;
                    MoveL p40, v500, fine, tool0;

DropWObj wobjcnv2;

MoveL p0, v500, fine, tool0;

ENDPROC
            ENDMODULE

But whent the program achieves:

ActUnit CNV2; -> It says that there is no task associated to CNV2... says to go to the configuration files

2 - In the EIO.cfg file among other things i have:

EIO_UNIT:

-Name "Qtrack1" -UnitType "d377A" -Bus "Virtual1"

-Name "Qtrack2" -UnitType "d377A" -Bus "DeviceNet1" -TrustLevel 2
                  -DN_Address 62

-Name "BOARD11" -UnitType "d651" -Bus "DeviceNet1" -DN_Address 11

So I believe that the Qtrack2 is correctly enabled, right?

3 - In the PROC.cfg file among other things i have:

CONVEYOR:

-name "SSYNC1" -sensor_type "CAN" -use_sensor "CAN1" -adjustment_speed 250
                  -min_dist -600 -max_dist 20000 -async_filter_window_width 1.2
                  -correction_vector_ramp_length 30

-name "CNV2" -sensor_type "CAN" -use_sensor "CAN2" -adjustment_speed 250
                  -min_dist -600 -max_dist 20000 -correction_vector_ramp_length 10

CONVEYOR_CAN_SENSOR:

-name "CAN1" -eio_unit_name "Qtrack1" -connected_signal "c1Connected"
                  -position_signal "c1Position" -velocity_signal "c1Speed"
                  -null_speed_signal "c1NullSpeed" -wait_wobj_signal "c1WaitWObj"
                  -drop_wobj_signal "c1DropWObj" -data_timestamp "c1DTimestamp"
                  -rem_all_pobj_signal "c1RemAllPObj" -rem_one_pobj_signal "c1Rem1PObj"

-name "CAN2" -eio_unit_name "Qtrack2" -connected_signal "c2Connected"
                  -position_signal "c2Position" -velocity_signal "c2Speed"
                  -null_speed_signal "c2NullSpeed" -wait_wobj_signal "c2WaitWObj"
                  -drop_wobj_signal "c2DropWObj" -data_timestamp "c2DTimestamp"
                  -rem_all_pobj_signal "c2RemAllPObj" -rem_one_pobj_signal "c2Rem1PObj"

Can you plese tell me if there is any other configuration thing missing?
            I'm still on testing mode (only trying to check if the auto tracking works correctly).

Please help because if completly feeking out since I don't know where to start for... CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

Thanks in Advance for All your help
            Best Regards
            Nuno Ferreira

Toranja
          • skybird
            Options
            Hi Ander,

Even though you listed the procedure for conveytracking setting up.We some guys still can not sucessfully to achieve a CT simulation.

Could you pls make a CT configuration vedio to us.

If you could offer it,we will appreciate it very much.

BR/Steven Xu
            Nothing is impossible!