RobotStudio event

Compatibility

Options
Hello,
I have wrote an app for the RW 5.10. Now I need to use this app also for RW 5.09 and RW 5.08. My question is: Is it going to work? Is an app written in version 5.10 compatible with

RW 5.08 and RW 5.09? And if not then is it possible to recompile the the app from the same project just changing the references? As far as I know the versions 5.08 and 5.09 requires licence so do i have to install them and get the licence?

Comments

• NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi,

I think it is not going to work in the older versions. Confused
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • charon
    Options
    Hi Wolfino,

I have devoloped an application with Flex Pendant SDK 5.10 and it is already work on RW 5.08 system.

Erdem Karaçeper
  • NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi,

Thats great. But according to my knowledge, if you are not using any new functions which is released with 5.10 and above releases , then it will work. Instead if you use any new functions and try to work with older version, surely it will throw error message becuase the function is unknown for the older version.
    Regards,
    Nikhil
  • John Wiberg
    Options

Dear Wolfino,

You do not specify which SDK you are using.

Thumbs DownIf it is the FPSDK then there are several incompatabilities between 5.08, 5.09 and 5.10 so then you would need licenses for 5.08 and 5.09 and rebuild the projects to be sure.

Thumbs UpIf it is the PCSDK then the breaking changes are on the PC side so then as long as you distribute the app with all files and install the 5.10 Robot Communication Runtime on the target machines you should be fine.

Exclamation Note that just as Charon points out FPSDK applications might still work over versions but there is no guarantee and no support beyond what the release notes mention. Exclamation

There should also be some details about this in the RAB 5.10 Release notes so read them carefully.
  • wolfino
    Options
    Hello,
    Iam using FPSDK. And according the sdk reference documentation it seems iam using no new functionality. So I am going to give it a try and I'll see...

Thank you all...