RobotStudio event

pick and place - conveyor tracking

Options
Hi, I've built the station with IRB 360 and conveyor. Everything works fine. The problem is that I don't know how to attach the object to the conveyor. I can pick the workpiece by IRB360 and move it along conveyor (in conveyor wobj) but when I try to place it, The workpiece doesn't move with conveyor.   (I'am doing this with method like for robots, event manager, set DO, and attach object to the conveyor). Anybody knows how to place the object on moving conveyor?

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

Please check the documentation added as a forum announcement at http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3245 and see if that can be of any help.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • jacekbranka
    Options
    Hi Henrik , there is a lot of informations about conveyor tracking but I can't find information about how to attach item to the conveyor.  I can't do this by conveyor setup , because the item at the first step is moved by robot, and then i want to place it on the conveyor any idea?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

You need to use the Event Manager to attach and detach items during simulation. The fact that you use conveyor tracking does not affect this. Just ensure that you have modelled the appropriate frames of the conveyor in Mechanism Modeler. Then you can select these frames in the Event Manager to use for attachments.

My previous answer turned out not to be correct. The conveyor tracking functionality in RobotStudio is primarily designed for applications such as painting, where the robot performes some work on objects that are transported along the conveyor. It is not designed for pick and place operations, where the robot places objects on the conveyor or picks objects on the conveyor.

Henrik Berlin2009-09-17 09:12:26
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • How can i do this "modelled the appropriate frames of the conveyor in Mechanism Modeler."
  • so i need to do a device or use something else then conveyor ?