RobotStudio event

Maximum speed of IRB660

Options
Can anybody tell me what is the maximum speed parameter i can give for the robot model
----IRB660/180/3.15

My payload capacity is 150 Kg (Maximum)

Waiting for reply.

Many more thanks in advance.

Lingaa

Comments

• Hi

Just run this line

reg1 := MaxRobSpeed();

Tpwrite "Max speed ="Num :=reg1;
  • Lin
    Options
    I am working in Robot Studio.

I tried your code but, I am getting maximum speed is 5000 for all robot models.

Even for IRB1410 it is giving maximum speed is 5000. Data sheet it is mentioned 2.1 m/s.

I am creating simulation, so what is the speed data i can use for simulation for a particular robot model. OR I can use any speed data for my simulation to calculate the cycle time.

Shall I rely on the data cycle time produced by Robot Studio?

Please clear my doubt. Thank you.

Lingaa
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

The predicted cycle time in RobotStudio is accurate within a few percentages. If you want to predict cycle time when you simulate external equipment in RobotStudio, ensure that "Virtual Time" is set to "Time Slice" in "RobotStudio Options", so that all your equipment and controllers are synchronized.

Note: RobotStudio is, of course, unable to take into account the influence of external equipment not simulated in RobotStudio, when predicting the cycle time.

As for speed, if you want the robot to use the maximum speed you should specify "vmax" in your motion instruction. The actual speed that the robot will have during program execution cannot be determined a priori but depends on many factors like, load, mass of robot, weight of tooling, actual position of robot, acceleration, decceleration, distance to next target, accuracy (zone or fine point), speed of next target, and probably a dozen of other parameters. This is determined by the motion control system. And the software of the motion control system of the VC used by RobotStudio is IDENTICAL to that of the motion control system that drives the  physical robot.

Henrik Berlin2009-06-23 15:13:01
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • NIKHIL
    Options
    Hi henrik,

That's a nice explanation. Smile
    Regards,
    Nikhil