RobotStudio event

Does RobotWare 11 accept file streamreader ?

Options
Hi there,

As I said in the general topic, I am developing a interface program that can make possible to an operator do finish a shoe. I used the RAB 10 'cause we have the version robotware 10 in our robot. 

I have done a data base in a txt file, so I have to invoke a streamReadar using the namespace "System.IO;" to access it. But the RobotWare 10 (in the real controller) doesn't seem to accept it. 

Do you know If the version 11 or 12 accept ? 

Because I tried with the virtual controller with robotware 11 and it works perfectly.

And.. How can I upgrade our robot to version 11 or 12 ? 

Best Regards,

Porto's University - Portugal
Nuno Moita 

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    No it doesn't work, because the VC FP uses the PC file system but the RC FP uses its own local file system and communicates with the robot's remote file system via RAB components. You need to get a local copy of the file to use System.IO. there are many postings in the forum about how to do this.
    Russell Drown
  • staBuga
    Options
    Hi there,

Unfortunately I couldn't found the precisely information to how to do it on the forum... (to add the system io to the robot's controller)

Did you mean to copy this file "System.IO.log.dll" from my computer to the home directory of the robot ? 

Can you give me a link related to this procedure, please ?

Thanks a lot for your attention,

Porto's University,
    Nuno Moita