RobotStudio event

Robotstudio Simulation with Positioner

Options

Hello All,

I have created a system with IRBPR Positioner without Production Manager.
I have taught some points & wrote a program in the both STN 1 & STN 2.
In the STN1 it is working fine, but in the STN2 it is showing error that Position outside working range.
I have taught the points by activating STN2 only in the Activate Mechanical units.
i had created the logic in such a way that if a signal is high it will go to the STN 1 & if it is low it will work in STN2.
Pls help me how to rectify this.

Regards,
Jipin Jose

webwiz/2983/Robot_Studio.rar
Jipin Jose
Operation Center
ABB Robotics INDIA

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

I have two questions about your program:

Q1: In the ELSE statement of the main procedure, the INTERCH is not deactivated until after the Path20. This means both INTERCH, and STN2 will be activated at the same time in Path_20. This is probably not what you want.  Is this an error?

PROC main()PROC main()
     IF DI_01=1 THEN
      ActUnit INTERCH;
      MoveJ Target_230,v1000,z0,AW_GunWObj:=wobj0;
      DeactUnit INTERCH;
      Path_10;
     ELSE
      ActUnit INTERCH;
      MoveJ Target_220,v1000,z0,AW_GunWObj:=wobj0;
      Path_20; < - Should the order be changed ?
      DeactUnit INTERCH; < - Should the order be changed ?

ENDIF 

Q2: The last target of Path2 is Target_10 which has the value 9E9 for logical axis 6, which is assume is used for STN2. This will definitely be out of reach of the robot

CONST robtarget Target_10:=[[446.849162937446,1.5698418403993E-12,2215.6337655079],[0.582254090387123,0,0.813006872189567,0],[0,0,0,0],[9E9,9E9,9E9,9E9,0,9E9]];

PROC Path_20()

MoveJ Target_10,v1000,z0,AW_GunWObj:=wobj0; 
     DeactUnit STN2;
    ENDPROC
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • jipinjj
    Options

Hi Henrik,

Thank You for your suggestion.This has helped me alot in solving the issues.

1).The error coming because of the first question was mechanical unit error.

2). The position reach outside was coming because while creating the workobject i had given Programmed-False. The simulation started working when i changed it to TRUE.

I would like to know what is the difference happening when i'm doing the Programmed- TRUE & FALSE. While doing with the flexpendent we used to do it FALSE.

So Pls help me to clarify this.

Regards,
    Jipin Jose
    Operation Center
    ABB Robotics INDIA
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

From the RAPID Refence Manual:

ufprog

user frame programmed

Data type:
    bool
    Defines whether or not a fixed user coordinate system is used:

?_?
    TRUE: Fixed user coordinate system.
    ?_?
    FALSE: Movable user coordinate system, i.e. coordinated external axes are used. Also
    to be used in a MultiMove system in semicoordinated or synchronized coordinated
    mode.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    • ufprog = FALSE
      User frame is NOT programmed, i.e. the definition entered in the RAPID code is not used. Instead, the base frame of the external axis defined in the string ufmec is used. The baseframe is defined in the motion configuration database (MOC.CFG) 
      In this case typically ufmec=STN1 or STN2. 
    • ufprog = TRUE
      The coordinates of the workobject as defined in RAPID are used to locate the workobject. This is to be used for stationary workobjects.

BUT, the reason why you can't get it to work for STN2 with ufprog = FALSE is probably because the baseframe definition of STN2 in the controller is incorrect. RobotStudio has probably written the values of STN1 and STN2 in the controller configuration database that they had when the INTERCH was in its default position. This is OK for STN1 but not for STN2. The problem is that the INTERCH is typically turned 180 degrees around when STN2 is in operation. There are two ways to solve this:

Alt 1: Open the System Configuration dialog. Select STN1, check the coordinates, then select STN2, choose Controller values and enter the values of STN1 and press OK. The controller will be restarted to update the baseframe values.

Alt 2. Turn the INTERCH around so that you have STN2 in operating position. Open the System Configuration dialog, select the STN2 and choose Use Current Station Values. Press OK to restart RobotStudio.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB