RobotStudio event

Robot Region Interface (RRI)

Options
Hi'

I have created a back of a 4400 system, and then created a system from the backup on RobotStudio (RS).

I am now unable  to create/ open a station from this existing system, when the system is attemting to open it gets stuck at one point and reads: "system undefined"

Sorry, the above 4400 backup is for a RRI robot controller which is supposed to send out the current robot positions (joints) to a server (external device). I need to test this on a virtual controller thus RS, and then later onto the real system.

I am using RS 5.11/RS 5.12 and RobotWare 5.12. Do I need any additional file/folder in the mediapool to enable the RRI, or is there any other thing I can do to prevent the system from remaining undefined infinately when it tries to connect on RS?

If I do require any additional files, where can I get hold of this?

Many thanks'
Dezino2009-06-30 09:23:54
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measures!

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Hi,

There is a certain folder structure with XML files you need to define in the HOME directory of the system, see the application manual

When testing it I created the folders and files suggested in the manual, see below:

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Dezino
    Options
    Thanks'

It is now working.
  • Dezino
    Options

Hi'

I currently trying to test this virtually (on RobotStudio). But when I try to run RAPID, so as to establish a connection between the virtual controller and the java server I have created I get the following event message:

"Init of communication interface failed  :Communication Interface could not be initialized program"

This is at the point where I begin to use the RAPID command "SiConnect"

The RAPID Code is as follows:

MODULE MainModule

RECORD robdata

bool dummy;

ENDRECORD

! Sensor Declarations

PERS sensor AnyDevice := [0,0,3];

PERS robdata DataOut := [FALSE];

!Main Routine

PROC Main()

RRI_Open;

RRI_Close;

ENDPROC

! Setup Interface Procedure

PROC RRI_Open()

SiConnect AnyDevice;

! Send and receive data cyclic with 64 ms rate

SiSetCyclic AnyDevice, DataOut, 64;

ENDPROC

! Close Interface Procedure 

PROC RRI_Close()

! Close the connection

SiClose AnyDevice;

ENDPROC

ENDMODULE

Thanks'

• Hi,

please check you description file for the correct IP address and port number that you also use on your java server. Also ensure that the configuration file corresponds to the module that you in your previous message.

Joakim