RobotStudio event

XML Read Write

Options
I am working on a application where I need to read and write XML files on the teach pendant.  The problem is that when I try and Import System.XML it does not recognize it.  Can you use the XML namespace on a TP application? Confused

Comments

• Newbe
    Options
    so do actual ABB employees post on this forums?  I would think by now somebody would have answered this question....
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi ...

This seems like a VB.NET question.

- Have you added the reference to "System.XML"?
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • John Wiberg
    Options
    [QUOTE=Newbe]so do actual ABB employees post on this forums?  I would think by now somebody would have answered this question.... [/QUOTE]
    Dear Newbe,

These forums are provided by ABB, but is mainly user driven. So whether people are ABB employees or not does not matter as much as if they are users. Wink Now, since it is an open forum there are no guarantees that you will get responces or answers. That is entirely up to the users of the forum themselves. We moderators are only here to check that the forums are not abused (SPAM, etc) and provide announcements. Exclamation So if you want a quaranteed answer to a specific question you should instead go through your local ABB support channel and log a support case.

Now some tips if you did not receive a reply to your first short question, then post a reply with some more meat. If that still does not generate a reply, then go for a humble approach with emotions and explain your situation. Like this:
    1. Can you do this?
    2. I have tried this (code) and I get this error (pic) what could I be doing wrong?
    3. Please everyone. I have now tried this (code) and this (code) and I am still stuck. I am running this project (x) and management is busting my behind. Could someone please help. Any little answer would be helpful. Thank you.
    By being short and aggressive you are almost guaranteed not to get help. Ouch Also if other users see an old question they are less likely to respond since it is likely that you have found the answer yourself.
  • John Wiberg
    Options
    [QUOTE=Newbe]Can you use the XML namespace on a TP application? Confused [/QUOTE]

XML works fine on the FlexPendant. For resource purposes I would recommend that you do not use the XMLdocument class since that is resource heavy. Instead even though it is a bit more of a hazzle I would recommend using XMLread/write instead.

Remember that the FlexPendant SDK uses the compact framework so you should read those manuals and not the ordinary ones.
  • Newbe
    Options
    John,

Thanks for clearing that up for me.Smile  I did not mean anything by it, I
    was just curious how this forum works since I am new to it, hence the
    name "Newbe".Wink 

As you stated I did figure it out.Clap  When I was here this week trying to get a
    answer on another question I saw the original post and was surprised
    that it had no responses.Cry

Thanks again...and sorry for the way my post sounded did not mean anything negative by it.