RobotStudio event

packing application

Options
I am trying to implement a simple application for a robot with RobotStudio 12.01. It is just taking cilinders from a table and putting them in a box. It is getting extremely complicated with all the events that have to be programmed. I was wondering if there is a simple way or a "tidier" way to do such a simple task. Any help?

Thanks for all,
fons

Comments

• vmiegel
    Options
    Hi,

how many events you are programming. For this type of application two events should be enough.. Make sure you use the following parameters in the attach/detach actions.

//Volker

• foncruz
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. In order to attach and detac i do that, the problem is that I want my robot to go to a table and take the cilinder and go to another table and put it in a cage, I have to create a lof events to specify when to to the attaching and detaching. Do you think there is any way to simplify it? I am sure there is a very simple way to tell the robot ( when reach a target, do something) but I haven't found it yet.

Fons

• vmiegel
    Options
    Hi,

can you upload a P&G ?

//Volker
  • foncruz
    Options

What is a P&G? Sorry I am new with this and I am not used to the jargon yet hehe.

Is it a picture?

Fons
  • vmiegel
    Options
    Hi Fons,

sorry, its the function Pack&Go...

//Volker
  • mattdavis
    Options
    Easiest method i have used is to trigger the events with your IO for the gripper. Then you only need two events pickup nearest object, put down object.