RobotStudio event

RunRoutineButton query

Options
Hi, I have setup my GUI and have run into a slight problem. 

I would like to use a runroutinebutton on my screen, to be used as a PP to main button (so an operator doesn't need to go into the program editor in order to set the pp to main)

I am having difficulty making this work. So far I have bound the runroutinebutton to the main routine in the main module.  When this button is pressed I get a warning message saying "The robot may move! Press 'yes' to continue and run the selected program"  Upon pressing 'yes' I then get the following message:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ABB.Robotics.ScreenMaker.Windows.Forms.RunRoutineButton.RobotMove_Ack(Objectsender, MessageBoxEventArgs e)

Can anyone see where I am going wrong, and if there is a solution to this?

Thanks
Paul

Comments

• carlosmtz2000
    Options
    Hi,

The control is meant to run a routine is a service context, which means that the RAPID routine will be executed only once. This button will move the PP to the specific routine, and then actually start the RAPID execution.

The workaround will be to defined a virtual signal which is connected to the system input "StartAtMain". Then you can pulse this signal from the Action actions of a button. You should also not allowed to the button to be clicked while it RAPID is running. For this you can bind the Enabled property of the button to another virtual signal which needs to be connected to the system output "TaskExecuting"

Best Regards
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • PaulG
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply Carlos