RobotStudio event

CAD converter quetions

Options
I want to import some geometries.I find out that there are many questions about CAD converter in the forum.And I want to know how this function works and I must import geometries ,get some date about the features of the graphics,such as the date about intersecting lines or surfaces.I must achieve the goal and it is very important for my topics.Thank you very much!

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

CAD-converters are available for IGES, STEP, VDAFS, CATIA V4, CATIA V5, Inventor and ProEngineer. The trial version comes with all CAD-converters enabled and allows you to try them out. If your trial license has expired, you can send me a sample part from your CAD-system that we can convert and send back to you (henrik.berlin@se.abb.com). Then you can examine the result and make your own judgement before deciding whether to extend your license to include a CAD-converter.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • candy
    Options

We have bought the ABB-6640-180kg robot and we have license.We would like to use this robot to do welding work. If it is a more complex entity(for example : Auto Body in White), entered into the model to simulate the software to achieve the purpose of off-line programming.We must know the positions of the welding line .But when I import a geometry ,it is a overall part,not seperate .So I can not find out the welding line.I want to know when I import the geometry ,is there some data (features) reservated to the software.Is there some other solution?I am so sorry that I do not make myself clear,so you misunderstood.I can import  files( the  suffix is  *.sat ).Thank you very much!

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

SAT is the native format for RobotStudio, which means that no conversion is needed.

In RobotStudio, you are able to select different "Selection Levels", like "Curve", "Surface", "Body", and, "Part", which means that you can filter on the level you want. You can combine the Selection Level with a "Snap Mode", to get exactly the points you want when you click in the graphics window. There are snap modes for e.g. "Center", "Mid", "End", "Edge", "Gravity", etc.

In case the welding line is defined by a curve you can have RobotStudio create a weld along the curve automatically.

We recommend you to use "ArcWelding PowerPac" that is a powerful RobotStudio add-in that contains many useful features that are helpful for arc weld programming.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • candy
    Options
    Hi,Henrik Berlin,
       My robotstudio is  RobotStudio 5.11 .Can I use "ArcWelding PowerPac 5.12" directly.Do I need to load the 5.12?Tongue

Thank you!

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

You need to install RobotStudio 5.12 to use ArcWelding PowerPac 5.12. Note that you need a new license for RobotStudio 5.12. In addition, you need a license to use ArcWelding PowerPac.

If you have a valid RobotStudio subscription, you are entitled to upgrade to RobotStudio 5.12 (and its revisions, currently the latest one is 5.12.01).

When upgrading from 5.11 to 5.12 you get a new trial period, which includes the PowerPacs. You are then able to try out ArcWelding PowerPac. Then you can decide whether you should add that to your RobotStudio subscription. But if you want to program arc welding efficiently with RobotStudio, you should definitely use ArcWelding PowerPac.

Latest available versions of RS and its PowerPacs are available at the download page.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB