RobotStudio event

Add target via AddIn

Options
Dear All,

This is the first time I developed RobotStudio Addin. I cannot find any manual so I just did some trial and error. I want to create work object frame and add robot target to the frame. Right now, I can only get the handle of the station. Can anybody help me?

I am using RobotStudio 12 and C#. Many thanks

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    The RS API documentation is available from VSTA, see picture below. There is a good example for how to create targets in the documentation, see second picture. VSTA is convenient to use for small macros and features. From VSTA you can call your Macros from the Event Manager. However, for more advanced functionality you should create a proper add-in.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi there,
    just a curiosity and, of course, a question to Henrik...

I have RobotStudio 5.12.01 installed.

RobotStudio API documentation I display is slightly different, maybe not in contents, but in formatting... just take a look at the following screenshot:

a)Examples are not grouped in categories like in yours (Miscellaneous, Rapid, Robot/Mechanism, etc.);

b) Language filter, Example link and see also filter are not shown;

Do you know why? Do I have latest docu version?

Thank you, Nils Fredrik.
  • newform
    Options

Hi, Henrik,

Appreciate the information and instruction provided. The API document I found is similar to NFC's. But it is good enough for me to learn.

Thanks again for your help

newform2009-09-22 14:42:59
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    The reason that your documentation looks different from my snapshot above is that it is taken from a pre-release version of 5.12.02. The content is the same though. RobotStudio 5.12.02 will be available in October.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB