RobotStudio event

Screenmaker 5.12 not working

Options

I have been trying to load up screenmaker 5.12 on my XP SP3 Dell D620 laptop.  Robot Studio 5.12 works fine, but screenmaker will not work.  It comes up with an error box.  I have uninstalled everything and tried again and still won't work.  What could be the issue?

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

The error message is about a missing file. ScreenMaker 5.12 CTP requires RAB 5.12 to be installed. There are two solutions two this problem

1. Install RAB 5.12 (i.e. not 5.12.01)

or

2. (Advanced. Requires XML knowledge) Edit the file RobotStudio.config to contain the following item

<
    dependentAssembly>
    <
    assemblyIdentity name="ABBControlDesigner" publicKeyToken="1da709b7d1f14b7b" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="5.0.0.0-5.65535.65535.65535" newVersion="5.12.1021.0"/>

<publisherPolicy apply="no" />

</dependentAssembly>

The section above will redirect ScreenMaker to use the installed version of the file instead of the referred version. You should check what version you have installed using Windows Explorer and enter that number into the newVersion information above.

(The picture is taken from my computer with an early installation of 5.12.02, so that is why the version information differs from the text above.)

NOTE: ScreenMaker also requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0 that can be downloaded from Microsoft.com
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB